Vic. fires ( Flowerdale )

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 16:19
ThreadID: 65868 Views:3751 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My son was able to return home yesterday to find only the letterbox still standing, along with his large trailer which had some damage.
Insurance will help with recovery but sadly all the small things are gone, kids photos, school memento's, wedding photos etc.

They will rebuild the home and there lives, the kids will get new bikes, Dad will get a new truck and mum, a new house & wardrobe, but they will never forget how close they come to loosing life itself.

I may have to tow the trailer at some time and would like to hear any comments Re. towing 3000kg with my rig 79 series TD.
The towbar is a second hand Haymond Reese and I am unable to see the load rating.
We have Dunlop 7.50 road grippers and Air bags.
Towing from Melb. to Willowbank Qld and return.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Olsen's 4WD Tours and Training - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 16:27

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 16:27
Sorry to hear about their loss.

Your 79 should be able to tow 3500kg, and if the correct towbar was fitted, it should be good for the required 350kg

AnswerID: 348480

Reply By: Member - Crazy Dog (QLD) - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 16:31

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 16:31
Thank goodness they got out ok Al..

Our thoughts and prayers are for all those who are suffering as a result of the fires.

Australia is getting behind them all and hopefully things will change for the better soon..

Many thanks to those who are fighting to save life and property..

I am lost for words so I will stop here...

Grrr!!!
AnswerID: 348481

Reply By: roger p - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 19:25

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 19:25
big al
our heart goes out to all in vic fires,hope you all recover from this terrible ordeal......good to see help there..
qld floods,overseas, snow and ice ,storms ,more floods.lifes lost...
seems this year has had a BAD BAD start,pray we dont see more suffering .
god bless.
roger p
AnswerID: 348499

Reply By: The Geriatric Gypsies - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 19:59

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 19:59
goodday al
glad to hear of a good story with your kids surviving my kids wait to see if any of their friends perished around the churchill area
hopefully family will be able to help replace the photos of loved 1s
we have had some sleepless nights as the fire at won wron has gone around 3 sides of the farm but about 3ks away even had the big crane sucking out of there dam ,but finally settling down

steve
AnswerID: 348505

Follow Up By: Member - Royce- Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 23:55

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2009 at 23:55
Sadly my niece was staying at her boyfriend's place in Hazelwood Nth. The fire started nearby. The boyfriend's made raced off in his car to help a friend save a hayshed and died on the way.

I had to get home by a backroad to get around the roadblock this afternoon. Hopefully the winds don't bring the fires through the Mullundung or Holeyplains.

I've got 30, 000 pines, yellow stringys and spotted gum plantations.... and a son's family at Rosedale. I'll be spending tomorrow cleaning up and making firebreaks.
FollowupID: 616737

Sponsored Links