Canning Stock Route in 06/07 2001

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 04, 2001 at 01:00
ThreadID: 66 Views:2262 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello,

we plan to go with two troopies on the CSR this year. Is there someone, who can give me some insider informations about this tour ? It is really difficult to organize this from here. We also need some additional equipement like camping gear, jerry cans, water canister, where could we get this with less stress ?

There is a place in one car for one of you (non commercial, we are 3 adults and a child), if someone want to come with us ??) We prefer girls between 25-30 ... ;-)

Thank you ! Regards Ralf
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Joseph Baz - Sunday, Jan 07, 2001 at 01:00

Sunday, Jan 07, 2001 at 01:00
Ralf Where do u plan to comence the trip? I will sugest for u to join one of the tour/safary operators as they have the experience in the area when i was living in Halls Creek one operator that we always found very reliable is Russell Guest
I belive he is retired now but his family still run the CSR the web site is
www.guest4wd.com.au they will also give u a list of what is required for the trip and wether it is wise to take a child
Happy travelling
cheers JOE
AnswerID: 120

Reply By: Brian Gould - Monday, May 14, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, May 14, 2001 at 00:00
The Lonely Planet Guide, Outback Australia (ISBN 0-86442-504-X) has a very comprehensive section on the CSR. I assume you are going to see Perth first- this is the best place for all your camping gear. It is a full days drive from Perth to Wiluna- where the CSR starts. At that time of year the school holidays will just be starting so expect quite a few other vehicles doing the CSR with you- although you should be totally self sufficient. The Lonely Planet guide also gives details of a fuel station that can drop a 205 litre container of fuel off for you on the CSR. Also- I live near the CSR in Newman WA, it gets below freezing at night at that time of year and 15-20degrees centigrade during the day, so dont leave your warm clothes at home.
AnswerID: 464

Sponsored Links