Electrolux Rm 2310 Fridge problem

G,day All , I have just purchased a small camper van from a mate that has been sitting for 10 years , now the fridge dose not work at all ?? it trip's out the safety switch on the shed wall when plugged into 240 & wont get cold when on gas ?? , I told him not to worry about as I would get another one from some were but he is from the old school and wont hand over the van over until he can work out the problem witch now has gone on for 3 week's , he has tried to ring a few dealer's but they don't ever get back to him , I think it is stuffed but he seems to think that he might be able to fix it if he can find out what is doing it , hence that is way I am asking if anyone on the forum can help out it's a long shot , the van is in Victoria or even if someone has one to sell so I can get on the road .
Regards
Terry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter McG (Member, Melbourne) - Tuesday, Feb 17, 2009 at 13:27

Tuesday, Feb 17, 2009 at 13:27
Terry

Where are you? We have the same model we took out of our Ultimate camper. It was still working and is sitting in the shed.

Cheers

Peter
Peter
VKS Mobile 1906

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 349470

Follow Up By: Haveadig - Tuesday, Feb 17, 2009 at 14:28

Tuesday, Feb 17, 2009 at 14:28
G,day Peter thanks for the reply can you send me a email with your phone number so that I can give you a call , Thanks .

my email is tandrwalker@harboursat.com.au
FollowupID: 617761

Follow Up By: ozikeith - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 07:17

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 07:17
Hi Peter,

If you still have the fridge and want to sell it, I would be interested,
as my fridge, after not being used for 12 months, will not cool.

Cheers,
Keith
FollowupID: 621359

Follow Up By: Peter McG (Member, Melbourne) - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:48

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:48
Keith

Sorry but Tewrry now has mine but I have a friend in Canberra who has one available. Let me know your contact details and I'll pass them on to him.

Cheers

Peter
Peter
VKS Mobile 1906

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 621371

Reply By: feathery - Tuesday, Feb 17, 2009 at 14:10

Tuesday, Feb 17, 2009 at 14:10
gas fridges have a small ball valve inside the tubing this stops the gas/liquid from going back the wrong way .When left and not used this sticks the best way to free this is to take your fridge out and turn it upside down get a wooden or rubber mallet and flog the pipes at the back especially where the large and small pipe meet. If this does not work put in box trailer up side down and drive around on rough road if still not working take to tip. All gas fridges should be run every 6 months or so good luck
AnswerID: 349481

Reply By: philip t jones - Tuesday, Feb 17, 2009 at 16:40

Tuesday, Feb 17, 2009 at 16:40
When you turn the fridge upside down and hit the pipes gently with a rubber mallet you should hear the gas move in the pipes this will tell you it has freed up and from there it should work, if you get a smell of ammonia you have a leek and it wont work.

phil
AnswerID: 349504

Sponsored Links