Victorian 4wd show Wandin is still on sunday

Submitted: Friday, Feb 20, 2009 at 14:11
ThreadID: 66132 Views:2249 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
The Victorian 4wd clubs show at Wandin is still on this sunday 22nd from 9am .

Looks like it might be a little quieter and even temperatures will be lower at 31, can't wait for some more overpriced automatic coffee machine cappicino's.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bytemrk - Friday, Feb 20, 2009 at 16:43

Friday, Feb 20, 2009 at 16:43
G'day Robin,

A little birdy tells me this year they have tried to make a few changes to improve things like commercial food vendors at silly prices...

I'm looking forward to milder weather.... less traffic (as grape grazing isnt on this weekend).. and I may just partake in a coffee too ;-)

Cheers, Mark
AnswerID: 350092

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Thoughtfully- Friday, Feb 20, 2009 at 16:46

Friday, Feb 20, 2009 at 16:46
Hope to get there Robin, not happy about the overpriced coffee tho.

May see a few bargains I CANT do without
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 350093

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Friday, Feb 20, 2009 at 21:53

Friday, Feb 20, 2009 at 21:53
Thats good to hear Robin.

I've read about it on Westprint and VKS web site and was wondering if it was still there (Wandin thats is)

Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found

Thanks to Westprint for allowing me to steal it from there web site...

Cheers

Richard
AnswerID: 350155

Follow Up By: GoneTroppo Member (FNQ) - Friday, Feb 20, 2009 at 22:45

Friday, Feb 20, 2009 at 22:45
The lower map is one I made up about 6 or 7 years ago when I ran the Victorian 4WD show. good to see its still in use.
FollowupID: 618481

Reply By: marcus - Saturday, Feb 21, 2009 at 08:19

Saturday, Feb 21, 2009 at 08:19
Yes supposed to be an even bigger and better show this year with more exhibitors, new layout and kinder weather.
Mark
AnswerID: 350187

Reply By: Robin Miller - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 07:55

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 07:55
The show came and went in milder weather than usual and my impression was that it was smaller than last year but still seemed well attended.

The central food court area didn't happen this year and coffee places were dispersed around the site, making it difficult for pre-planned hookups.

Thanks to mobile phones though we did hook up with and meet some new Exploroz members - and all in all I think we spent more time talking than looking at products.

We spent almost no money as the only new product we liked was a discounted camping chair - and when we went back to get it they had all sold out.

Worth going to though, as will be next weeks swap meet at Yarra Glen.

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 350530

Follow Up By: Best Off Road - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:18

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:18
Robin, two questions if I may.

1. Is the Yarra Glen meet very big? Also is it a "lookers" or a "buyers" type gathering? We don't do too many shows these days as we find there are a lot of interested lookers who are not buyers. Perhaps something like swap meets is what we should be targeting.

2. The Old Man's GU has a nasty shudder under braking. His mechanic has just machined the discs and fitted new pads to no avail. Any clues?

Regards,

Jim.

FollowupID: 618848

Follow Up By: Robin Miller - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:34

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:34
Hi Jim

Yarra Glen is small and mostly just for swapping old junk.
Very few trade people attend.
However I suppose that could be an opening if you had time as it costs very little.

On the Gu , as its just been done I'd suspect something relating to doing it.

I first do simple check of wheel bearings tight and re-bleed a little more in case of trapped bubbles.

The only time I have experienced problems is if the little thin metal backing plates haven't been fitted properly and an end folds over (usually visible)

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 618849

Sponsored Links