War Graves

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 16, 2003 at 09:24
ThreadID: 6614 Views:1722 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

Hope everyone doesn't mind this posting. I am assisting in the collation of photographs of all Australian war graves, both here in Australia and overseas covering the periods 1914-1920 and 1939-1946. This project has been taken on by one person and has received a far bit of press coverage and after reading details of his efforts I decided to offer my time. When I get the chance, my family and I travel (with caravan) and take digital photographs of the graves in question and e-mail them to the project co-ordinator. As you can imagine there are lot of places in Australia that not everyone gets too and it's with this post I am asking for assistance.

Is there anyone out there, who may be travelling to North QLD, has a digital camera and wouldnt mind assisting in this worthwhile project? There are no financial incentives,just your name included on the website as a contributor. I recently returned from Bundaberg after photographing graves there and I have 5 others completing areas around the State. If you think you can do it, and there is no pressure on you, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brett
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brad - Saturday, Aug 16, 2003 at 10:53

Saturday, Aug 16, 2003 at 10:53
Brett,

I'm heading up that way next week, I don't know yet exactly where we will end up going, but if you email me the details of what you'd like photographed I'll see what I can do.

Brad
bradusa2000@hotmail.com
AnswerID: 28089

Follow Up By: Trekker - Saturday, Aug 16, 2003 at 11:07

Saturday, Aug 16, 2003 at 11:07
Hi Brad,

There are so many in North QLD I wouldn't know where to start. Some of them are in such remote areas that only those with 4WD and a real desire to get to these places could do it. I could e-mail you the complete list for QLD and you could look at it and decide if there are any areas of interest. What do you think?

Brett
FollowupID: 19440

Reply By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Saturday, Aug 16, 2003 at 18:13

Saturday, Aug 16, 2003 at 18:13
Any in the Cairns area ?

BTW- i don't have a GPS !
AnswerID: 28113

Reply By: Dennis (Brisbane) - Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 00:39

Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 00:39
None in the Brisbane area??
AnswerID: 28141

Follow Up By: Trekker - Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 06:50

Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 06:50
There are certainly a lot of graves in Brisbane which is where most are taking photos. It's the regional areas and certainly the way out areas that are not being covered. I actually enjoy those myself as the graves are nice and it gives you time to think about the individual, if that;s what one cares to do. If anyone would like the complete list for QLD they will be able to determine which area might be of interest. My e-mail address is ice_man@tpg.com.au is you would like a copy.

Thank Brett
FollowupID: 19486

Reply By: Brad - Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 07:17

Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 07:17
Brett,

We're not planning any specific routes or destinations, but will be going as far North as Cooktown, and maybe Bamaga, depending on time. I have a GPS, digital camera, and 4wd, and will go anywhere, so if you email me that list I can see what we can do. My email address is in a previous reply.

Cheers,
Brad
AnswerID: 28157

Reply By: triton - Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 22:16

Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 22:16
Brett, i am not in Qld but i am in SA. If you need any pics in SA let me know of any places you need as i frequently drive in SA when i can. I am currently a full time serving member and would be happy to try and help.
My email s chodanbo@hotmail.com
Dave
AnswerID: 28661

Sponsored Links