GPS/DVD/CD/TV/Bluetooth/I Pod Players

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 00:09
ThreadID: 66180 Views:2902 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi have been wondering about those all in one Double DIN units that are out now. The ones that do everything, in relation to Thread Number 64887, what i wanted to know is :

What is the sound quality like of the CD Player and DVD player?
Is it typical of the cheap chinese CD Tuners or is on par with Kenwood/Sony/JVC etc? Good treble and bass with no inteference.

What is the TV/GPS reception like? And what type of aerial would be needed for the TV to work better?

What is the resolution like and is there settings for Bass/Treble/Fader etc.

These things just seem to good to be true, especially for the price. Its just that i enjoy good clean sound and will be pairing it all up with some decent speakers, but it all starts with a good clear Head Unit so dont wanna get that far down the track and have poor sound quality.

Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 05:37

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 05:37
Hi Kroozer,

I replaced the double DIN radio in my 200 with the Polaris, a combination GPS/radio/CD/DVD/MP3/bluetooth + reverse camera option (which I have installed).

I am very happy overall with the unit. The radio quality is better than the standard 200 radio, but the bluetooth is only average. There are options to adjust the base/treble etc, along with settings to set up the 5.1 sound (a bot of overkill in a vehicle).

What I particularly like is that I can also run a licensed copy of Oziexplorer on the unit. This way I can have the standard GPS street navigation or swap the SD card over and run Oziexplorer.

There is an option for a TV tuner, but I haven't bothered to install it (yet!). The DVD quality is good, but not quite as good as the roof mounted Alpine DVD I installed for the kids.

The Polaris unit is very similar to the VMS unit, but about 1/2 the cost (~$1300 vs ~$2700). The VMS unit does have the option of 3 cameras and comes standard with off-road mapping, but I liked the value of the Polaris unit.

Cheers

Captain
AnswerID: 350339

Follow Up By: Kumunara (NT) - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:38

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:38
Captain

Will it play DIVX files?

Tjilpi
Life's great and it just keeps getting better

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 618670

Follow Up By: Member - Captain (WA) - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:11

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:11
Umm... don't know. Given that DIVX is based on MPEG4 format I guess there is a good chance it would work. I would look up the manual for you, but currently in the USA for work.

Cheers

Captain
FollowupID: 618690

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 08:51

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 08:51
It is also illegal to have a TV operating where the driver can see it

Of course that only applies when vehicle is moving.

GPs is allowed as is considered a driver aid.

Cheers
AnswerID: 350354

Sponsored Links