Trip itinerary software????

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:05
ThreadID: 66186 Views:3695 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, just wondering is there any simple to use trip itinerary software out there?....thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:13

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:13
Site Link

This is a web site.

You can plan your trip and print out an itinerary, with distances and turn by turn directions.

AnswerID: 350383

Reply By: Member - 1/2A - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:23

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:23
Or try this
AnswerID: 350385

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:27

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:27
Julio
I understand you want software, not a website , I think this software would suit your needs , work out your itinerary, add stopping places, etc and then print it out .

Trip and Waypoint Manager

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 350386

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 14:31

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 14:31
Julio,
if you want the Trip and Waypoint Manager for free, go to thread ID:65452 and read down the page and you will see instructions on how and where to get it. Use it for awhile and you will be amazed at how much you can do with it.
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 350399

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 16:34

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 16:34
As I read your question, you are after a stand alone programme to record your trip. What has bee suggested above are web based travel planners and GPS software.

If you are primarily recording stopping places and expenses you can create your own with a spread sheet. If you want to include narative and photos then there is a relatively new programe on the market - Nomad Notes It's an Oz produced product so everything in it should fit Oz expectations

PeterD
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 350429

Follow Up By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 17:05

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 17:05
Sorry, I bought Nomads Notes... I wasted my money... it's too inflexible... if you make a mistake you can't delete it. I got told by the author:" You can't; there is no facility to delete a trip; if you want to delete a trip, uninstall the program, then reinstall it." Even that doesn't work, because the data is stored in 4 different locations and formats.

There are better trip planners in the members "File swap" section of this site. Or better still make your own in Excel or other program.
Fred B

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 618748

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Wednesday, Feb 25, 2009 at 00:22

Wednesday, Feb 25, 2009 at 00:22
I e-mailed the programme contact and received the following answer - you be the judge.

Thank you for your enquiry. The current situation is that you can not edit the trip only. You can edit all other aspects of the program – your journal entries, accommodation entries and your fuel entries for example. The next version will be out shortly and it will have the ability to edit the trip as well. This version will be available for no cost to all those who have purchased the first version of the software

There are ways around the inability to edit a trip. The need for deleting a trip usually comes from the user having a play with the program when they first use it. They put in dummy information to try out all the aspects of the program until they are happy with it then want to start on the real information. As I have stated to those people who ask you can uninstall the program and reinstall as you only then loose the dummy information. I'm not sure about the comment "the data is stored in 4 different locations and formats" as the data is stored in a database in the folder where you installed the program and nowhere else that I am aware of. If a person is having trouble after uninstalling that the information is still there you could go to the folder where it is installed and ensure all the files have been deleted. The default path for the information is c;/program files/Bennetts Motorhoming Lifestyle/

It is also unfortunate that this person feels they have wasted there money and they offer this information to all and sundry through a forum and not to me. If a person wrote to me with this information I would offer them their money back immediately, therefore the money would not be wasted. My website offers details my 100% money back guarantee. 99% of the feedback on the program is positive with people looking forward to the new additional features of next version due out soon – these include vehicle maintenance, expense tracking with user defined categories and the ability to record TV and Radio station that you found when you travel so you can find them easily when you return to that location
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 619192

Follow Up By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Wednesday, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:19

Wednesday, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:19
I want to apologize for my comments above.... I was pretty frustrated and peeved when I wrote it... and I must admit that that's no excuse! I could have gone about it in a totally different way, and should have. I am sorry!

I just hope that the version that is "due out soon" does resolve all issues I did mention to the provider, with the response: the new version is "Due out soon". I will leave it at that.
Fred B

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 619218

Sponsored Links