Camper trailers

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:49
ThreadID: 66187 Views:4997 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am currently looking at a purchasing a camper trailer with a hard floor. I have had a look at Castaway Camper's explorer model and the CUB brumby. Has anyone got any feedback on either of these models.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kevin J (Sunshine Coa - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:52

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:52
Glenmac,

Suggest you ask the same question on www.campertrailers.org.

Kevin J
AnswerID: 350389

Follow Up By: Sigmund - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 13:01

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 13:01
2nd that.

Also try google.

My std technique for this kind of search is to go to advanced search, enter a phrase, and then in the fields underneath (include one of these terms) I enter 'review', 'test', and 'comparison'.
FollowupID: 618701

Reply By: Member - Vince B (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 13:51

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 13:51
Hi Glenmac.
I have a 2007 Brumby(I downsized from a CUB Spacematic).
Great camper to tow & easy to erect.Plenty of storage under the bed & behind the kitchen.I bought the camper after the previous owner did 1 trip to the cape. There is some red dust stains where the hard floor is attached to the bottom of the camper but I had this problem with previous campers.
If you want to know more info please email me;(vincebarnes@netspace.net.au).
Cheers.
Vince
AnswerID: 350397

Follow Up By: glenmac - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 07:50

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 07:50
Thanks Vince

After having done the cape myself and hearing the camper made it is a good sign.

Glenmac
FollowupID: 618831

Reply By: Member - Paul Mac (VIC) - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 16:56

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 16:56
Glen,

As you will find out from this and the campertrailer org website, the first thing you need to do is compile a list of features you want in a camper. Albeit a hard floor camper the same rule applies. Once you have made up your list of everything you would hope for in a camper then start searching the numerous campers (hard floor) and start researching what each offers from your list. You will rarely get everything your looking for but you can get most things. Cost is obviously one thing to put on your list. Say....between $30,000 - $35,000. Your budget may be higher or lower.

Australian Campertrailer Org is a great place to get some information about what you want/need in a camper. This site also has some great information.

Read the articles from this site as well as the forum feedback.

Good luck with your research. It took me 3 years to whittle the list down to 2 and then the final decision can be relatively easy.

Depending on what state your in you should also take the time to view the range available at a caravan and camping show.

Once you've got the list down to a few its always a good idea to hire one for a trip to see if it meets your expectations.

Cheers.

Oh, I finally decided on the hard floor Pioneer Onyx and whilst you will get mixed opinions from many I'm happy with it and that's the most important thing in the end.
AnswerID: 350437

Reply By: DaveO*ST-R - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 18:46

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 18:46
You might also like to post your question on:

http://myswag.org/forum/index.php A great camper trailer site. Someone will surely have an answer for you.

Cheers,

Dave
AnswerID: 350457

Sponsored Links