Megalong Valley / Blue Moutains tracks.

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 20:25
ThreadID: 66204 Views:3383 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking at taking some visitors for a 4wd trip around the Katoomba area and was wondering if there are tracks along Megalong Valley itself.

They have done the Newnes and Glow Worm thing, and have specified that they would like to do the Magalong area along the Coxs River.

So, are they are any tracks down there worth looking at.

I have marked the NarrowNeck track, but can't find much info on anything else.

Thanks heaps.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: BuggerBoggedAgain - Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 21:12

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 21:12
As scouts the 4 of us walked down NarrowNeck along the track, saw heaps of snakes, after 10 pm, full moon. Our hike was cut short next morning as a Ranger informed us we couldn't hike to Devils Staircase because it would mean going into Sydney water storage catchment area, which then was a big no-no.

You could try the road down into the valley just before the Majestic??

As I said most of the valley is water land, don't take kind to anyone, even scouts walking.
AnswerID: 350495

Follow Up By: Member - DOZER- Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 21:58

Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 at 21:58
The waterboard have a policy of keep out everyone. There is also sunny corner (is it)that can be accessed from the zig zag carpark.
If you want some low range work, go to cols place Mt Airley at Capetree.
Andrew
FollowupID: 618809

Reply By: timglobal - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 00:49

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 00:49
Hi PAJBOY,

Just west of Katoomba you can go a bit further past Megalong and get better views. Have a look here for my previous query. The route is fine and the Six Foot Track is great.
Archive of Hartley trek.

Cheers,

Tim
AnswerID: 350523

Reply By: Member - Tour Boy ( Bundy QLD) - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 09:26

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 09:26
You can go down to the camping area on the 6 Foot Track from Kanimbla Valley or Via Black Range off the Jenolan Caves Rd.
Do a search as there were detailed notes somewhere in the system from about 12 mths ago.
You can walk 1km upstream to the Bowtells swing suspension bridge and swim in the pool just below it.
Cheers
Dave
Cheers,
Dave
2010 Isuzu FTS800 Expedition camper
2015 Fortuner
Had 72 cruisers in my time

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 350543

Follow Up By: Member - DOZER- Thursday, Feb 26, 2009 at 20:12

Thursday, Feb 26, 2009 at 20:12
Dave
Thanks for the pointer, i took a run out there today, went in through black mountain, had a swim in the Cox river. Tried to conect back with the 6 mile on the eastern side of the Cox, but it is all single walking track on that side, so followed your directions out, however, i took the unmarked cattle grid off to the north half way up the hill, and ended up in someone elses back yard....
Andrew
FollowupID: 619489

Sponsored Links