Garmin Nuvi 760 Secret Stuff

Submitted: Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:15
ThreadID: 66215 Views:3364 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day all,

Heres a couple of interesting secret screens I found on the Nuvi.

From the start up screen, Press your finger on the satellite signal strength meter for about 4 secs, you will get a new screen with all satellite strengths and a positional accuracy will be displayed once it has a fix.
That one is interesting.

This one is interesting too, but I suggest you dont 'play' in this one, or if you do, dont blame me if you stuff something.

From same start up screen, press and hold battery symbol for about 8 seconds, and you will go into a maintenance screen which has lots of info, pressing next will take you thru lots of screens with interesting stuff, there are plenty of tests to run, although i wasnt game enough to do so, I just found it interesting.
When you get to the colour screens the next button disappears, just tap screen and you will progress thru eventually ending up back at beginning. Press exit and your Nuvi will reboot as though just switched on.

Enjoy

Ron
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 13:27

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 13:27
Hiya Ronnie

I hav the Garmin Nuvi 310 and when i press the Batt for 1 sec it brings up the satellite screen i did not know existed...

Nothing happens with anything else...

Cheers
AnswerID: 350564

Follow Up By: age - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 13:51

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 13:51
Warfer

Try holding the time display for 8 seconds then and it will bring up the diagnostics screens (does for my Nuvi 500). From these screens you can identify your SD card number etc

Cheers

A
FollowupID: 618864

Follow Up By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 13:53

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 13:53
Hiya A

I even took my shoes and socks off and counted to ten ! (nothing)

Cheers
FollowupID: 618865

Sponsored Links