Question for Wazza

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 16, 2003 at 19:32
ThreadID: 6622 Views:1462 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Wazza, just picked up on Diamonds occupation thread. Currently of shore as medic with International SOS on a siesmic vessel the Western Monarch, Which one are you on ? Do you know Bruce wilson?
CheersThe Ghost
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wazza (Vic) - Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 07:05

Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 07:05
Hello mate,

Don't know Bruce Wilson, but I spent 3 years on the Western Legend and then a Trip on the Western Regent and Western Cove. I think, as the Monarch spent most of it's time in the Gulf of Mexico when I worked for Wersterns, then I didn't meet any of their crew.

I work for Veritas now, WesternGeco's main competitor. Work for their Singapore office on the Pacific Sword. Small 2 cable 3D and 2D jobs so we get to move around a fair bit. No chopper crew changes as we don't have a helideck.

We have a medic onboard here now, SOS guy, but we get them out of Jakarta. Dodgey, but it fills the requirement to have a medic. Dispensing the wrong medicines and advice all the time. I choose to patch myslef up.

Is Steve Metcalfe out there at the moment (Senior Seis Proccessor)?? Can't think of any others I would know out there.

Small world...Cheers,
Wazza
----------------------
AnswerID: 28154

Reply By: Wazza (Vic) - Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 07:10

Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 07:10
Where is the Monarch now ?? How much of your trip left? I am 2 weeks into a 6 week swing.Cheers,
Wazza
----------------------
AnswerID: 28155

Reply By: Wazza (Vic) - Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 07:11

Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 07:11
Where is the Monarch now ?? How much of your trip left? I am 2 weeks into a 6 week swing.Cheers,
Wazza
----------------------
AnswerID: 28156

Reply By: Member - Tony- Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 21:51

Sunday, Aug 17, 2003 at 21:51
Hi Wazza
We are currently working of the north west shelf of Wa and have been here for 6 months and 2-3 to go. You normally won't get Oz medics outside of Oz because the other guys are cheaper but you get what you pay for.
We were 6 weeks but the marine crew have reverted to 5 which includes me and we go home friday back to Melbourne. Can't throw any light on Sbut people here know of him, I believe prone to falling out of his bunk. Guys are leaving here in droves since the Geco - western merger.
Cheers TonyThe Ghost
AnswerID: 28247

Reply By: Wayne - Friday, Sep 12, 2003 at 21:17

Friday, Sep 12, 2003 at 21:17
Hi Tony, Sitting out here on the Monarch now :-) I've lost your email address so can you email me at "delphisii@yahoo.com.au" Got a few queries re the camper for the back of the ute.
Catch you mate,
Wayne.
AnswerID: 30911

Sponsored Links