Well Done Mick O and all other Blog Writers

Submitted: Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 20:21
ThreadID: 66232 Views:1880 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi to Mick and all the other members that write and submit Blogs. Thanks for providing great and informative reading. They always inspire me get get out there and see what the best country in the world has to offer. Like you Mick, I have a facination with Lens Plaques and will go out of my way to locate and photograph them.

I notice that your recent Blog - Len Beadell Plaques, 25 in 25 years, you have not taken a picture on one of the most easy to locate plaques. Like you, we have been through Warakurna many times and not until our last trip, we have made many trips past one plaque just north of the Roadhouse on the way to the Giles Weather Station. Going for a walk one morning I noticed one on the side of the road and have never noticed it before. Diretly opposite the Warburton turn off heading north from the Roadhouse, on the right hand side of the road, sits one of those famous markers. On your next trip out that way, you do not have to go out of your way to see it.

Keep up your great Blogs, they are great.

Here are a couple of pictures to show you where it is.

Best Regards

Stephen

Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 21:02

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 21:02
Hi Stephen,
YES, I would like to support your thanks to people such as Mick_O, and others like him, who help to make this web site what it is. Without their knowledge and support it would make it much harder to obtain informatio on the so many wonderful places that this country has to offer.

I see Mick and others like him as our modern day pioneers.... Yes, I know he does it because he loves it.... but it's his (and others) passion for this country that makes this nation what it is today.
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 350669

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 21:19

Monday, Feb 23, 2009 at 21:19
Hi Fred
Yes they are an inspiration for all to read and those that travel to our lucky country know what it has to offer and will help them plan a great trip.

Once again
Thank to all writers.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 618983

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Tuesday, Feb 24, 2009 at 09:37

Tuesday, Feb 24, 2009 at 09:37
G'day Stephen (and Fred)

Thanks for the kind comments. It's funny stephen as I am in Canberra at the moment and caught up with an old mate who happened to come out on my earliest trips with me. I've pinched his photo album of our Gunbarrel trip (1985) and the photo of that plaque is in there. I hope to digitise it and get it posted soon. It was great looking at photos that are now 25 years old. As the Beadell highways were somewhat less travelled than they are now, they were a totally different beast. The great central road was just a track in most places only that short period of time back. No Warukurna back then, just Giles which you drove in across the airstrip to get to ("Give way to planes" the sign said!)How things change.

Glad you're enjoying the read.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 350728

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Tuesday, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:53

Tuesday, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:53
Hi Mick
Thanks for that, or I should be saying "Thank You" for such great blogs.

Keep them coming, we all love them.

Cheers and Take Care

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 619064

Sponsored Links