South Ballina Beach Permits

Submitted: Monday, Mar 02, 2009 at 21:44
ThreadID: 66451 Views:6652 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi.

Any body know if you need a beach permit to drive on the South Ballina Beach (down to Eavan Head) ??? Ballina Shire Council tells me that the Department of Lands looks after this beach, and I am not having much luck on the Dept of Lands website.

Thanks

Simon C
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Monday, Mar 02, 2009 at 22:02

Monday, Mar 02, 2009 at 22:02
There's a bait and tackle shop at Evans Head the name of which totally escapes me at the moment.

Give them a ring. You can bet a heap of cash their customers will have the access details down pat.

Geoff

Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 351933

Reply By: Hairs & Fysh (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 06:38

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 06:38
Hi Simon,
Last Easter we spoke with John ( I think tha'st his name) that runs the park about permits, and he was telling us at time you didn't need them. A very approachable bloke and helpful.
We explained we were from down south a little farther in the Clarence Valley Council area and that we needed a council permit to travel on any beach there. He told us it is one of the few beaches you don't have to have a permit, but he did say they were trying to bring it in the Ballina council area. Something to do with nobody has control over the area between the high tide mark and the low tide mark.
Give them a ring on (02) 6686 3347
Or visit their webs site, South Ballina Beach Holiday Park

I've been lead to believe that if the tide is right and there has been enough sand build up at Coffee Rocks you can travel from south wall Ballina to Evans Head.

Hope this helps Simon.

AnswerID: 351959

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 08:28

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 08:28
Hi Simon

We get access on to that section of beach just at the entance to
the South Ballina Caravan Park, you dont require a Permit, you can
travel from there to Evans Head, if in doubt call in and see Rosie at
the caravan park, see can reassure you.

Cheers
Daza

AnswerID: 351965

Reply By: camwill69 - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 10:11

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 10:11
Hi all,
No permit is required for that beach. The tide needs to be right to get from Ballina to Evans.

John and Rossie at the park have or are about to move on after 7 odd years at that park. They were great hosts and could have a chat too.

It was either last month or sometime this month they were leaving. I believe the Ballina council is trying to buy the park, which will be a shame if they do.

Regards,
Camwill69
AnswerID: 351985

Follow Up By: Simon C - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 10:25

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 10:25
Camwill69

The new owners took over this week. When I called yesterday...they had only been there 2 days. Hence they were not sure on the permits requirements for the beach.

Simon
FollowupID: 620168

Sponsored Links