St George Gathering, Fishing competition

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 16:36
ThreadID: 66464 Views:3530 Replies:1 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

I have just added another update to the St George Gathering

I have just found out the confirmed dates for the Annual Fishing Competition, it is the weekend prior to the Gathering starting. I am sure Scrubby will be interested in competing in it.

The St George Family Fishing Competition is to be held over the weekend of the 26th to 27th of September, 2009, and attracts families trying to snare and elusive Yellow Belly or Murray Cod. Junior & senior categories, best and biggest catch prizes, carp busting competition plus heaps of fun at the bar & BBQ. Just come along on Sunday to the Weigh-In to be in the running for the $1,000.00 Free Prize Draw. For more information contact Doug King on (07) 4625 3636

If anyone wants to take part in the competition and requires somewhere to camp let me know and I'll arrange for access to the proposed camping area earlier for you.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Isuzumu - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 19:00

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 19:00
Hi Kev, where will the weigh in be held at, like how far from where we will be camped and are you going to be there with a boat lol?
AnswerID: 352037

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 19:04

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 19:04
Fishing from a boat is not required. It is about 20km from where we are camping to Town where the weigh in will be held.

I can provide a few good spots to go fishing from the banks of the river if necessary;)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 620220

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 19:11

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 19:11
See what happens when we get a little closer mate. When will you get down there? We will be leave home on the first Saturday of the school hols probably head down into NSW for a few days then back up thru Texas etc to St George.
FollowupID: 620222

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 19:28

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 19:28
I aim to be in St George on the Monday (1st week of school holidays) to finalise arrangements :))

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 620225

Follow Up By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 20:22

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 20:22
G'day Kev

Mate, I'm not sure if I can fit another thing in this trip - a double crossing of the Simpson before the gathering so 4x4 and camper will be full. Camper will be left at Birdsville and we'll use a rooftop tent. Oh well a rod and reel and a few hooks and sinkers dont take up much room I 'spose.

Have the horseshoes polished and repainted before the gathering and the wine for prizes arrived last week. I'll even reweld the broken horseshoe post from lnnamincka.

Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing will break this trip although I'll have the usual range of bits and pieces with me and the tools to do the job even if I cannot do it myself.

We should be at St George by about 26th I think so will be in touch about camping.

It's only 6 months before the gathering so start saving your gold coins folks.

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 620235

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 22:33

Tuesday, Mar 03, 2009 at 22:33
John,

You have my contact number so just call me. Why leave the camper in Birdsville?? Are you going to do it again after the Gathering??

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 620278

Follow Up By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 11:44

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 11:44
Kev

I'll leave the CT at Birdsville and do the double crossing and then collect CT and head for gathering

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 620342

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 12:20

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 12:20
OK I am with you now hahaha

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 620351

Sponsored Links