Late Reply to Post 66415

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 00:20
ThreadID: 66484 Views:2669 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
Hi everyone,

Every so often I join in on a post, which slips quickly off the front page, and my time doesn’t permit me to reply. Post 66415 was one of these.

Axle,
I did not mean to hijack your thread with discussions on a specific area. Though dumping of any sort of waste over/near a major water supply is very much a cause for concern. Unfortunately it is not confined to “Old Highways that have been bypassed” as any traveller along the Great Eastern Highway between Perth and Kalgoorlie will attest. On a trip a couple of years ago we had a slow leak in one of the vehicle’s tyres and had to stop frequently, we were not as well fitted out as we are now, at the road side pull in bays. Clean, neat and tidy at first glance……………… take a couple of steps through the first row of bushes ……………… and be amazed and sickened by the amount of rubbish that has been dumped! Nappies, car bits, car tyres, car batteries and my ALL TIME favorite ……………… human mushrooms ………… although most of these had the white warning streamer in close proximity….. YUK!

Doug,
top marks for being in communication with the council! Needless to say that I’m impressed and shocked, to hear that you actually received an answer! Time will tell if anything progresses from that. My hat is off to you for making a start! Please keep us informed of further communications.

Lionel,
I agree with your comments. Originally all the gates in the area were locked and 4WD’ers were understandably upset. A compromise was met where SOFT sand bypasses were put near the locked gates to allow 4WD only access and (TRY) to stop road vehicles from entering and dumping rubbish. Apparently with very little impact on the problem.

Gronk,
regardless of some of the blunt replies to your comment, one of my pet hates is about … People who throw lit cigarette butts out of their car windows, regardless of the time of year! Had someone’s bounce back in through my window one day, by the time I had stopped my vehicle to find the wayward bumper, the vehicle containing the offending thrower …….. had long gone. The incident was over in a matter of seconds and there was no time to think of recording the offender’s details.
I will stand by my previous comment …. Most people are LAZY!

Royce,
the WA Government recently spent between three and five hundred thousand dollars, telling the WA motoring public ……. NOT to talk on their mobile phones while driving. Taking into account that I am on the road for longer distances and longer periods of time than I used to be, I still have trouble with the amount of people who are not a real human being without a @$&%$#@ mobile phone glued to their ear. Was almost run off the road one night by a “P” plate driver of undetermined gender ….
Who was TEXTING on their phone …. On a freeway …. At 100 KPH!! Go figure why the road toll is so high.

I will finish this post before I’m accused of being a Butt bashing techno dinosaur who uses two peach cans and a piece of string for communications……….. and don’t get me going about pets in National Parks ……… Goodnight everyone. LOL

Cheers,
Wayne.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - William H (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 09:49

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 09:49
And well said Wayne.
How about the the dirty, filthy drivers in front of you, at the lights, smoking with their window down, and the smoke comes in through your air con, and it's a putrid smell.

That's my two bobs worth, as the old money was worth more in it's time.

Cheers for now...William H...Bunbury...WA.
AnswerID: 352127

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 14:27

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 14:27
Gee William, that is just so horrible - I cannot believe it actually happens. It must be tough for you, just surviving in such a polluted environment.

For God's sake be careful,

Willie.

PS. "How about the the dirty, filthy drivers" behind you at the lights ? Surely they should be condemned too.
FollowupID: 620361

Follow Up By: Gramps - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 16:44

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 16:44
LOL bro, my thoughts exactly :)))

FollowupID: 620383

Follow Up By: Member - William H (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 23:00

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2009 at 23:00
I have a lot of respect for the "grey Nomads" who travell this great country of ours, and wheni travell, i bring all my rubbish home,and i leave a clean camp site, but i wont pick up "filthy buts" that other people leave on the ground,

Cheers for now...William H...Bunbury....WA.
FollowupID: 620460

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 05:58

Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 05:58
William,
I will sleep better knowing that.
FollowupID: 620468

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Mar 18, 2009 at 19:23

Wednesday, Mar 18, 2009 at 19:23
I thought this begged for a reply from me as it seems you have some misconceptions about how posts are read and who gets to see the replies.

You are most certainly not the only regular who misses posts the moment that are published – but bear in mind that most people don’t actually read the forum index in order. What actually happens is people use Thread Watch to give themselves an easy way to go back to read responses to interesting threads so that it doesn’t matter where in the page list the thread goes, if they are members they also use their Members Home page to view all new posts since their last sessions but this also gives them links to all new responses since their last session, and one more point is that everyone is sent an email when someone replies to their post – if you want to send a reply to a particular person put your reply as a follow to their reply, or if replying to the owner of the post put in a normal reply. The only time it would be relevant to create a new post is if a previous post was so old that it had been moved into “archived” status which locks it down so no more comments can come in.

What I’m really getting at here is that we don’t want to see people create whole new posts just to reply to previous posts. Let’s keep the conversations together – remember people find these posts historically too and the original one now doesn’t have any link back to your new one.

Hope you understand where I’m coming from and perhaps I’ve told you something new that has changed your view of how the system works.
(PS: another feature is available to members in that you can send Member Messages between one another off-forum from links in their profiles from posts).
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 354755

Sponsored Links