snorkel

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 17:00
ThreadID: 66528 Views:2151 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
GDay all - Have set up the suspension with OME coils and re shod it with Continental A/Ts. I have searched the web for a snorkel to fit my XTrail. Has anyone any suggestions?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ajd - Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 17:03

Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 17:03
Don't drive through water.

Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 352350

Reply By: Member - esarby (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 17:28

Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 17:28
I knew that someone would come up with a sensible answer but prey tell me, does one get to Cape York without crossing creeks ect.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 352354

Follow Up By: Member - Tony B (Malanda FNQ) - Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 19:37

Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 19:37
esarby - Yes looks like there is not one made for your vehicle, if there is it is not out on the web, maybe you need to look if you can adapt another brand.
As for Cape York and the need for snorkels in general. I worked in the Cape for a few years and did a lot of driving through flooded creeks without a snorkel on my vehicle. You just have to be careful of the water depth. Most of the year the water will not be high enough to drown your car, in saying that if you do not look at the crossing there are some deep holes on some, you just have to check it out.
A tip if you can not get a snorkel, I used to carry a flexible tube the size of the Air intake,on the rare occasion when the water was too deep I used to connect it to the air intake and pass it out between the gap left between the bonnet and windscreen with the bonnet on the safety part of the latch and poke through the water nice and slow. A snorkel without cutting the hole and only when you need it. Cheers Tony
FollowupID: 620582

Follow Up By: Member - Tony B (Malanda FNQ) - Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 20:06

Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 20:06
Sorry - to answer the question :-). There is a bypass track just past Bramwell that follows the ridge/Sand Country. A lot further but no water crossings. The rest of the trip has culverts and bridges on the Main Road. You have to get off the main road on to the Telegraph Track to find all the water crossings. Cheers Tony
FollowupID: 620588

Reply By: Member - Kiwi Kia - Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 17:49

Thursday, Mar 05, 2009 at 17:49
Cape York - If you stick to the main road there are no water crossings during the dry season.
AnswerID: 352356

Sponsored Links