Arnehm Land: been invited, any good 4WD treks...

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 19, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 666 Views:3036 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Arnehm Land: been invited, any good 4WD treks...
We've been invited in June 2002 by a friend who lives there.

Can anyone recommend
- Good 4WD tracks
- Good camping spots (permitted where no permit required ) & permitted with permit.
- Good fishing spots and areas
- Type of fish
- Specially how do get the FISH BAITS and what type of BAITS ( It got to be legal)
( I have a good cast net to catch live baits)

Arnhem land is large. Pint pointing the exact location is tricky...
This is a land where permits are required to travel inside Arnhem land.
We have the permit, but as mention above it is difficult to obtain accurate information.
Anyone with accurate infos (website - fax numbers specially etc.. we'll be realy appreciated)
[ I serahced the web for 8 hours and found little information - only tourist operator wanted me
to spend hudred$$$$ before to know what I am getting in for.....

GuyBrisbane
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Seamus - Saturday, Jan 19, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Jan 19, 2002 at 01:00
Where are you travelling from ?? ( Town/ City)

Seamus
AnswerID: 1792

Follow Up By: Guy - Sunday, Jan 20, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Jan 20, 2002 at 01:00
i have replied
FollowupID: 602

Reply By: Guy - Sunday, Jan 20, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Jan 20, 2002 at 01:00
Seamus
We are in Brisbane. We'll be coming to katherine by Alice Springs. Then from Katherine to Nhulunbuy.
We'll be there for 10 days.
We intend to go back through Roper Bar but I don't know if it worth/or_can_go to Roper Ba.
Is Rpoer bar worth the trip and then Borroloogla and then Doomadgee -> back home to Brisbane (we've bee to Lawn Hill 2 years ago).
In/before/after Nhulunbuy we have some time to spend 4wdriving and fishing.
Is that what you mean?
Guy
AnswerID: 1798

Reply By: Seamus - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:00
Guy your trip is great. but a lot of permits etc needed for Arnhem Land !!Check out in the archives section where this question appears in Oct and Dec 2001.... You will find sites that give you the places to get permits etc, no camping allowed in Nulunbuy (Gove) as the town is a mining town and all the places are wired and fenced......you can only stop there in the Hotel/ Motel and very expensive!!!

Roper Bar is a tiny spot, worth the visit to say you have been !! trip to Boroloola and Hells Gate to Domagee is also an interesting and remote drive but should not be missed... also maybe across the Barkly Stock route on way to Mt Isa !

Have fun but plan trip to Arnhem land well in advance and know exactly where you want to go,, you cannot do as you want when you get there !!!

Seamus
AnswerID: 1813

Follow Up By: Guy - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:00
I have found the question about Roger 3 Oct 2001 but I can't find any question in December.
FollowupID: 610

Sponsored Links