camping coral sea area

Hi Everyone,

Going up to to Coral sea area, Ningaloo, Carnavon to Karratha area. Wanted to know where were the best beach camping areas were. Have a 4x4 and camp trailer. Looking for peace and quiet!

Thanks
Johnnytasman
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baz&Pud (Tassie) - Saturday, Mar 07, 2009 at 15:33

Saturday, Mar 07, 2009 at 15:33
G'day Johnnytasman
Think you might mean Coral Bay, we were in the area last year,
Try (North of Carnarvon) Point Quobba, Cape Range National Park, 18 klicks before Karratha Miaree Pool on the Maitland River.
Baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 352744

Reply By: Peter_n_Margaret - Saturday, Mar 07, 2009 at 15:55

Saturday, Mar 07, 2009 at 15:55
Most of the Stations along the coast have camping close to and even on the beach.
They get very popular though, so "peace and quiet" will be very hard to find anywhere on the 'tourist route'. For that you will need a much more remote and hard to get at spot. Maybe Dirk Hartog Island?

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 Motorhome
AnswerID: 352748

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, Mar 07, 2009 at 16:03

Saturday, Mar 07, 2009 at 16:03
We have in the past camped along the glorious Ningaloo coast. This was a few years ago, and although some water's edge spots had a few campers in, we always camped alone.

Check out:

http://www.dec.wa.gov.au/hotproperty/property/marine-parks-and-reserves/ningaloo-marine-park.html

Open the brochure entitled "Parks of the Coral Coast" for a map of which beaches allow camping.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 352750

Reply By: troopyman - Saturday, Mar 07, 2009 at 18:36

Saturday, Mar 07, 2009 at 18:36
I wouldnt be camping in the coral sea at the moment .
AnswerID: 352783

Reply By: AlanD - Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 13:01

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 13:01
Hi Johnny - try emailing lefroyningaloo@bigpond.com - they allow camping on their station at ridiculously low cost if you abide by their rules. Superb peace and quiet- great beaches- excellent snorkelling and fishing but you need a 4WD to get in with a camper trailer or van.
PS you will need to have a porta potti as a condition of entry - no digging toilet holes near the beach! You can hire one from the station owners if you havent got one.
The station is between Coral Bay and Exmouth -tell them Bushbratz recommended their station.
AlanD
AnswerID: 353050

Sponsored Links