Does anyone have to lift their bonnet to access winch clutch handle

Submitted: Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 20:25
ThreadID: 66678 Views:2998 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have to lift their bonnet to access winch clutch for free spooling of the drum. As I am having difficulty in figuring out how to mount a Tigerz11 winch in a genuine nissan d22 navara steel bar without the clutch hitting the sides even after rotating it. Only way I can see for it to fit is if I have to lift the bonnet to move the clutch handle.

Cheers

Chris
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warfer (VIC) - Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 20:30

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 20:30
I thought that would be unusual,Mine is through a sqare hole in the ARB Bull Bar....

Cheers
AnswerID: 353146

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 20:40

Monday, Mar 09, 2009 at 20:40
I have to lift the bonnet to connect the positive lead to the battery if I need to use the winch, I never leave the winch live for obvious reasons.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 353149

Reply By: Sea-Dog - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:07

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:07
I had to heat and bend my clutch lever over 180 degree as it was set up facing the wrong direction and would just hit on the body of the car... It was up through the hole in the bullbar though so bending the lever was very minor.

Sounds like a pain to have to lift the bonnet to engage etc as you may not be in a position where you want to lift the bonnet and it would be so much easier to access from outside the vehicle.
AnswerID: 353204

Reply By: Tim - Stratford (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 18:42

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 18:42
Chris,

I'm not overly familiar with the Tigerz11 winch - but if it is similar to a Warn lowmount or Superwinch then you can remove the end screws and turn the gearbox (the bit with the clutch lever) around to suit your bullbar. If done carefully you may not even need a new gasket.

A lot of the US designed winches and their copies are designed for "feet down" mounting and should be rotated if used in a conventional "Aussie" way of feet forward.

Tim
AnswerID: 353274

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)