All good things must come to an end

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:35
ThreadID: 66691 Views:2045 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Well.. most of you know i have a gas system fitted to my car, recently started having problems when starting on petrol.. had trouble idling /starting.
So i changed out the fuel filter and this helped a little, though still not good... so in the workshop she goes.

Long story short.. low on fuel pressure.. drop fuel tank and they discovered metal fillings in the tank, through the pump and attached to the outside of the pump.

OK.. warranty claim i says.. ring him.. not interested.. he didn't make the tank so you can go and claim from them.
Mind you.. in this conversation the tank is supplied with a sticker that says tank must be cleaned...He's says.. we did... but obviously not.

So i suggest that anybody that wants a Gas system fitted.. don't see this guy if you live in WA

http://www.autogasconversion.com.au/

By the way.. the car is now running back to normal... still happy with the gas system
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred G NSW - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 14:06

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 14:06
So if you had trouble with the fuel tank/pump, how does that affect your gas tank...especially when you say the metal filings were in the fuel tank ????
AnswerID: 353228

Reply By: greybeard - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 14:15

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 14:15
blimey, it must be crook. this is the second forum i've seen a post about this.
AnswerID: 353230

Reply By: Member - Matt (Perth-WA) - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 15:45

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 15:45
Why would I know you had a gas system fitted to your car?? Is it a 4WD and you have posted about it here many times? Wow must have missed something?

I have no idea why the metal in the fuel tank is related to the gas tank...there is no connection whatsoever. Unless you purchased a new fuel tank at the same time as the gas conversion?

I have a feeling the facts are not being disclosed here or your understanding or explanation of the situation needs a rethink.

Im glad the vehicle is ok now and you are happy with the Gas system..Im sure the installer would be happy to hear that and maybe not take legal action against you for deffamation.

All the best

Matt.

AnswerID: 353241

Reply By: Wherehegon - Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 22:43

Tuesday, Mar 10, 2009 at 22:43
Hi There cutting it, as Matt has said having gas fitted to your vehicle has absolutely nothing to do with the petrol tank in the vehicle UNLESS like with the pajero's, they remove your original fuel tank and put in a smaller (25 L) enough to fire it up on petrol when starting. Other vehicles like my prado with factory duel tanks all they do is reroute breather lines due to original dual tanks. I would be careful of bagging a company name on any website if you dont have your facts wright, you could get yourself in some serious trouble. I suggest you ask David to edit your post to remove the company's name. Never seen a tank with (must be cleaned) stuck to it. Are you talking about the gas tank or the petrol tank with the sticker on it ??? ......WHG
AnswerID: 353326

Sponsored Links