Travelling Australia in the future

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:29
ThreadID: 66724 Views:2554 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The following is my own thoughts and I am putting it on this site for comment.
Looking at what might happen in Australia in the near? future I can see where the only reason we would have a 4WD is to travel to places to go on guided tours only.
With the greens/Governments/national parks and othe self interest groups I can see that general public will be locked out of most interesting places.
Once we get there the only way we can see these places would be by guided tours only and there will be no 4WD access or camping.
Am I being over pessimistic???

Honky
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:54

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:54
You can only base an assumption on the future taking your own mind set and needs into account.

At one stage it looked like the world as we know it would only consist of demarcated caravan parks and that travel could become a regulated thing. Luckily history repeats itself and now we have a Financial Crisis on our hands which will set the Caravan, Camping and Travel Industry back a few years and people may get back to normal thinking and set their minds on practical things instead of dreaming up ways to foist their views on to other people.

Yes, I think you are being grossly over pessimistic
AnswerID: 353381

Reply By: ob - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:17

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:17
Hi Honky,

I'm not sure if your are "trolling" or expressing a genuine concern so I will assume that you are genuine.
I tend to agree that in future we are going to be "locked out" as you say from certain areas. IMHO I think this will be caused by a number of factors, one being "self interest groups" but mainly the population growth and the corresponding increase in pressure on sensetive areas

Cheers ob
AnswerID: 353389

Reply By: Axel [ the real one ] - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:03

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:03
The great catchcry of "save it for the next generations to come" as being applied now to travel / fees / permits will only increase as time goes by to the extent that only the mega rich will be able to gain access to nat parks ect; ect.

You only have to look at the new restrictions for Moreton Island as an example , or all the restrictions that now apply to just catching a fish in Moreton bay to see that your kids grandkids will never be able to enjoy the simple pleasures of camping or fishing without paying BULK $$$$$$ in fees.
AnswerID: 353397

Reply By: troopyman - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 13:20

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 13:20
Even private 4wd parks are being locked out or hindered by unreal insurance prices .
AnswerID: 353409

Reply By: Member - AJB (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 20:40

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 20:40
Yes.
AnswerID: 353484

Reply By: Member - Ron M (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 21:35

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 21:35
Call me what you like But, Since the grey nomad epidemic and the city cowboys as well as the yuppies with their the places in Australia that were an adventure are now are now just a rubbish tip of beer cans , empty disposable gas bottles , throw away babies nappies, ect ect. I you don't believe me have a closer look beyond the place where you park any in the outback sites
Ron MACKENZIE

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 353498

Sponsored Links