Login Problems

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:12
ThreadID: 66727 Views:1690 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
After speaking to Steve, a member of ExplorOz, we believe we may have found the problem and it is to do with running the firewall in CA. Once the firewall (not the anti virus component) was uninstalled - the dynamic login window worked fine. Hope this helps others with login issues, and if you are still having login problems - there is always the original login page here.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mad Cowz (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 13:20

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 13:20
While you're there Damian,
I get a problem that when I check the box "open in new window" and click "response time" these settings aren't remembered any more, I mean it works fine that visit but after leaving and getting back on later the settings are forgotten, worked fine until a week or 2 back.
Regards,
Nick
Carpe Cerevisi

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 353408

Reply By: Member - Hugh (WA) - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 01:13

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 01:13
Hi Damian,

Glad to hear you have finally found a cause to my problem. I have CA firewall but don't intend to turn it off. Apart from using the old login page, is ExplorOz looking to update to make login compatible with CA firewall? I don't seem to have issues elsewhere so wondering what it is about the login page that causes the problem?

Regards,
Hugh
AnswerID: 353723

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:23

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:23
Hugh,

We are not sure either it is just that this is the one security product that seems to have a problem with one of the Javascripts we are using. In our office we use the CA ITM product which is AV and Spyware as I would never waste my computer resources installing thrid party firewall products. Most of these duplicate the operations of the included Microsoft firewall product and give you no more features and in fact generally cause more hassle than it is worth. To this end however I have been trying to find a location to test the CA Firewalll to try to work out what it is however all my corporate clients use the CA ITM product and none have the firewall installed.

I just need a test machine to try to work out why it is doing it. It is really strange as we are using widely used scripts that are an Interent standard used on hundreds of sites so it must be in one of my variable names or something - really unsure till I can see it.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 621905

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:44

Friday, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:44
Hugh,

Can you try a test for me - I just loaded a test page that uses the JS routine that opens the login panel. Please go to the Test Page and click the Open Panel button and let me know if a section of text scrolls into view.

Thanks - anyone that can or wants to test this using CA please let me know.
David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 621910

Follow Up By: Member - Cram (Newcastle NSW) - Sunday, Mar 15, 2009 at 17:10

Sunday, Mar 15, 2009 at 17:10
Hi David,

I opened the test page and when I press the open panel button nothing happens.

I am running CA Firewall.
FollowupID: 622295

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:48

Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:48
Thanks Cram, Appears CA is blocking something in the library I am using - pity it is a standard well used library. I will continue to investigate and may switch libraries.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 622440

Reply By: Member - Hugh (WA) - Sunday, Mar 15, 2009 at 23:17

Sunday, Mar 15, 2009 at 23:17
Hi Damian,

This is for David. I tried the test page and nothing happened - no text. I can login OK when prompted by the login page prompts that pop up, say if replying to a thread and not yet logged in. Another observation is that when I do login and check the auto logiin (remember me) it no longer works.

If you want to check out this problem from my end (home) you are more than welcome (in Sorrento). Call me 0413 703 022 (home Mon and Fri, plus weekends).

Regards,
Hugh
AnswerID: 354222

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:40

Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:40
Thanks Hugh,

Seems like CA is becomming the next Notron with it's over the top out of box settings. I will do a little more investigation however the library I use the make the slide down effect work is an Internet standard so unsure why CA is stopping it - also the logon remember me weird. I woinder if there is a setting in CA to whitelist a site so that you can whitelist the exploroz.com system anyway I will keep looking into this when I get a chance. Thanks for the testing at this stage.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 622438

Sponsored Links