Semi Semi Semi Retired

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 21:38
ThreadID: 66747 Views:1913 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We have just renewed our contract with the Federal Government Agency for another 3 years, we have contracted to them for the last 13 years since 1996, there is one stipulation that the Cook demanded, that I take 4 months off every year, other words I work 2 months and take 1 month off, so it looks like I will be retired March, June, September, and December, and hand over the Reins to my Sub Contractor for that period, it wont be a complete with -drawl from the business, as I will still have my finger on the pulse by way of Phone, Fax, and Emails, my Subby did an excellent job when I was off for 6 weeks last October, anyway it looks like we have some planning to do, to fill in those off months, and I am looking forward to it, just don't tell the Cook lol lol.

Cheers
Daza
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 21:47

Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 21:47
P S, September is allready taken care of with the Gathering at St George.

Cheers
Daza
AnswerID: 353500

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:07

Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:07
Congratulations Daza! I think that the cook has the right idea and maybe over time that could worked on to be 4 months on and 8 off.

All the best
AnswerID: 353541

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:28

Thursday, Mar 12, 2009 at 08:28
You might be glad of a government contract for the next few years.

Luckily I didn't get too involved in resource work over the last few years, it has died.
Have some friends who did and haven't worked for 2 to 3 months now. Some friends in Dubai are wondering what to do to, has dropped off very quickly over there.

I am mainly doing government work now to as a subby.

We are trying to do the same thing, have a couple of months off, but every two years.

Wish you well. Catch up with you at St George.
AnswerID: 353545

Sponsored Links