QLD National Parks Permit

Submitted: Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:26
ThreadID: 66881 Views:1826 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I'm doing a 4 week road trip from Sydney up to Queensland - as far up as I can get in 4 weeks! and are looking for a National Parks pass for QLD? I realise camping in the NP's is an additional cost at each site, but is there a pass available for the parks in general. I got a monthly visitor pass for Tasmania in the past , have a NSW one, but can't seem to find any info. for Queensland? Any help would be appreciated!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rossc0 - Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:59

Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:59
No monthly permit available for Qld parks.

Pay as requried on the day for access or camping.

Those that require payment have self registration facilities.

Most are free if not camping. It appears that Bribie, Morten and Fraser are the only ones which need day use/transit permits.

More details here:

Find a park

AnswerID: 354288

Follow Up By: chisel - Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:14

Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:14
Not all places have self-registration these days. Many require you to book online or over the phone and pay and have your permits before you get to the campground. Some have phones at the campground so you can call and book when you arrive.
FollowupID: 622445

Reply By: Member - Jo Q (NSW) - Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:32

Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:32
Thanks for that - no wonder I couldn't find a monthly or casual permit on the Queensland website!
AnswerID: 354291

Reply By: Member - Alan H (QLD) - Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:39

Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:39
Unlike other states there is no entry permits to Qld NPs. As stated there are just a couple of beach permits.

AnswerID: 354295

Reply By: the redbacks - Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 18:57

Monday, Mar 16, 2009 at 18:57
agree with the other replies to some extent,but i think you'll find that not only our beaches require a permit but ALL national parks,i believe that there are NO self booking or reg anymore but all booked on line through Qld Dept EPA {i think}
as for Double Is Point{Noosa North Shore} as of this easter a MONTHLY permit will be required{online booking only}whether you go for a day or w/end or the month,rangers have been instructed to issue "on the spot fines" & ask that you leave the area,if you don't leave the police are called,as with frazer Is no open fires are allowed{rangers take a photo} Also be aware that the "tour bus drvers" will call rangers if they see a fire at a camp site.
we used to have Jo-Belke-Perterson as our premier,now we have
"ANNA BLIGH" !!!!!!!!!!
have a nice trip in Qld
AnswerID: 354377

Follow Up By: Member - Jo Q (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 19, 2009 at 16:29

Thursday, Mar 19, 2009 at 16:29
Thanks for your help :)
FollowupID: 623006

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)