found the problem with grenade

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:06
ThreadID: 66940 Views:2787 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
(GU III 3.0lt 2001) RE post 66829
The air intake has come away from the wall - just above the passenger side wheel. Have you fixed this before and how did you do it?? Or do I just take it to the mechanic next week for a service and tell him to fix it......

and yes I know I know...Im better off burying it...I know the jokes...Lol....

Laura
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 18, 2009 at 17:52

Wednesday, Mar 18, 2009 at 17:52
Hi there Laura, I cant help you with the problem but I have been "off the air" for a while and I am a bit curious as I know a few months back you were having troubles with your grenade ( yeah I know curiosity killed the cat) but it seems you have replaced the original grenade with another one of the same breed? True or not? Cheers
AnswerID: 354742

Reply By: muzzgit - Thursday, Mar 19, 2009 at 00:54

Thursday, Mar 19, 2009 at 00:54
Laura, this happens to all the patrols. 99% of 3.0 Pootrol owners aren't aware of it.

I drive an almost new 2008 3.0 patrol and it does the same.

The reason I'm familiar with it is from when I fitted a dual battery tray to my first 3.0 patrol. I had to put a little forward pressure on the air filter box and the air intake came away from the firewall. I didn't see it at the time.

It wasn't until we did a trip through Karijini and Millstream NP along those gravel roads and the car started to play up......warning lights on the dash and loss of power. The owners manual said "water in the fuel" so that's all I checked! (silly me)

When we got to Port Hedland I went to Nissan and the air filter was blocked up. The service gut there said he'd never seen anything like it.

The car continued to play up until I put a new air flow sensor (AMFS) in it. When I had a snorkel fitted the whole thing was sealed up.

For anyone who services their own car, or doesn't have it done by Nissan, watch out. If you get an air filter from Repco or Coventrys chances are it will be for the Navara, not the patrol, and IT WILL BE THE WRONG ONE! They won't listen to me, I've even emailed their head office! No reply!

The Navara air filter is plain GREY dry paper, the Patrol is RED silicone treated paper.
AnswerID: 354809

Sponsored Links