Rudall River by motor bike

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 18, 2009 at 17:28
ThreadID: 66946 Views:1376 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am heading into Rudall River in May probably via Marble Bar and Telfer Gate.
Just a quick question re permits...What is needed and are there any dificulties getting them?
It I come in from the Newman end what permits are needed there?
Cheers Paul
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Mar 18, 2009 at 17:33

Wednesday, Mar 18, 2009 at 17:33

No permits required but can you carry enough fuel or do you have a back-up vehicle?

AnswerID: 354738

Follow Up By: Member - Paul O (TAS) - Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 16:40

Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 16:40
G'day Willem, thanks for that. I couldn't see where permits were required but its n ice to have confirmation.
Been up the east coast for a few days so missed your reply.
As for fuel..Joe from Joes tours up that way has offered to meet me to refuel. Failing that I'll ride in and do a fuel dump myself...lot of mucking about but want to get in there. Water shouldn't be an issue and I can carry fuel for about 600k.
It's a big 1200 BMW so sand is an issue.
So fuel and sand are the worry. If any exploroz people up there about 3rd week May I would be interested.
Cheers Paul
FollowupID: 623693

Follow Up By: Willem - Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 16:47

Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 16:47
Hi Paul

I do not recall the track into Rudall being sandy but some of the creek crossings will be but luckily they are only short distances.

I will be up that way in early July

Good luck and good riding!


FollowupID: 623695

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)