Garmin Nuvi 465T GPS For Truckers

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 19, 2009 at 14:06
ThreadID: 66975 Views:4247 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Garmin's new lane assist Nuvi is coming
Not sure if we will get the same model as US, it is yet to be released in the states

You need to know more things about the road such as lane widths, bridge heights, and load restrictions. The Nuvi 465T allows the owner to build multiple “profiles” for multiple vehicles and then create routes which obey the appropriate restrictions. This Nuvi also includes locations from the National Truck and Trailer Services Breakdown Directory for truck towing and repair needs.

Image Could Not Be Found

In addition, many more traditional navigation features are included like traffic, lane assitance, multi-destination routing with route optimization, text-to-speech, a widescreen display, and Bluetooth.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robin Miller - Thursday, Mar 19, 2009 at 15:19

Thursday, Mar 19, 2009 at 15:19
Hi Skippy

I will look at these new capabilities with interest.

I have recently spent a week in Perth and took my GPS276c
(just as well as hire car didn't come with directory - but they would rent you a navigator for $20 a day)

This is probably the first time I have used it intensivly in a high traffic enviroment on roads I knew nothing about.

While it performed well overall, I had specific issues in that I could not navigate a multilane freeway with multiple runoffs due to combination of GPS position accuracy
and the need to zoom in to 200m to determine where you were across lanes , and still flow with traffic and also
still look ahead far enough to determine the right lane.

Some of the potential new parameters might cover this blind spot - although I suspect it will require information "After the fact"
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 354926

Follow Up By: Skippy In The GU - Thursday, Mar 19, 2009 at 16:37

Thursday, Mar 19, 2009 at 16:37
I also have a cheap chinese 7" GPS running Igo8 and I think it's brilliant but I wonder if the screen on the 465t will show the lane arrows clearly
I think Sensis are working on the lane assist now where navteq software is already in use
EO and 5th Wheeler drivers will also find the low bridge information useful
FollowupID: 623010

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Thoughtfully- Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 20:50

Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 20:50
I have used my 60CS in Sydney, Adelaide, Wellington etc etc with no problems at all, have yet to try it in Perth
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 623255

Reply By: Skippy In The GU - Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 09:19

Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 09:19
Garmin are bring out the Nuvi 765 very soon

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found

I'm glad it will have the speedo showing when in routing mode
AnswerID: 357206

Follow Up By: Skippy In The GU - Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 09:26