oziexplorer calibration

Submitted: Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 16:07
ThreadID: 67012 Views:2072 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Am I correct in assuming that the .map files for the 2008 NATMAP edition that can be downloaded from the Oziexplorer site means there is no need to do any calibrations on these new digital maps?

I have these loaded but the Oziexplorer site has been down since early this morning and so cannot go there to look at the help

Thanks
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 18:29

Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 18:29
Hello

Yes calibration files are there ready to go. There is no need to calibrate them yourself. Just make sure you get the correct natmap series calibration files. i.e. There have been several versions of the product ie dont use 2005 Natmap calibration files with 2008 maps as obviously some image files may have changed.

General Note: Most ecw map images already contain calibration data anyway so you can just use the "File - import map image - ecw map" function is OziExplorer (OE) to create *.map files. Only draw back of this method is that the corner markers (used by OE to define the limits of the actual map excluding white border) may not be correctly positioned. If the maps do have a border you will have to manually move each corner which may or may not be a laborous process dependig on how many maps are involved.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 355180

Reply By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 18:35

Friday, Mar 20, 2009 at 18:35
Oziexplorer website works for me..... in case you still can't access the files, the direct links are as follows:

installed on c: drive
Loading from DVD

Yes you are correct in your assumption with the calibration.

Andrew
AnswerID: 355181

Sponsored Links