Nature at Work.

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:31
ThreadID: 67061 Views:2397 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Friday morning as the camp started to wake there was a bit of chatter about an visitor that visited a tent through the night.
The little visitor was running up and over the tent causing a bit of concern for the couple that were trying to sleep.

The big hairy monster, that is how it was described to me, was a small field mouse that was hiding in a plastic food box.The safety of darkness was replaced by a bright still morning and the little mouse must have felt threatened when found by the campers that he had terrorised the night before.

Now that it was decided that the mouse was not a threat and that it should be set free to life out its natural life as nature intended.

We watched as the mouse made a run for the tree lined river bank only to go about 10 ft before a Kookaburra swooped down from a over head branch and the mouse was gone.

Nature at work.

Wayne

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: austastar - Sunday, Mar 22, 2009 at 12:06

Sunday, Mar 22, 2009 at 12:06
Poor mouse!
--------------------------------------------

Feeling sorry for a spider we caught in the house, I chucked it out to the back yard.

Forgot about the chook!

Ooops!

poor spider.

cheers
AnswerID: 355434

Reply By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 14:25

Monday, Mar 23, 2009 at 14:25
Yep .......caught a mouse in a trap, could not kill it so I let it go down the back yard.

Yep.....forgot about the pet ducks, the mouse ran about 500mm and the duck got it.

It then came over to me looking for more.LOL

Regards BooBoo
AnswerID: 355663

Sponsored Links