Brawn Porta-Winch

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 20, 2003 at 17:33
ThreadID: 6709 Views:2360 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
link text
Anyone seen one of these Brawn Porta Winches working? Seem pretty good if not a bit pricey. A mate is looking a getting one, but is a bit unsure. Most of Brawns stuff is good from what I understand, so assume this is not different. What does everyone think?

Thanks
-Shannon
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Williewags- Wednesday, Aug 20, 2003 at 18:28

Wednesday, Aug 20, 2003 at 18:28
These winches may have an emergency services application where there are more than one person present in a winching situation.

If you want to use it for recresational purposes then think of the following:

First of all you have to find somewhere to store it in the 4by

Then you have to lug it out of the vehicle and fit it whilst you are in a difficult situation. It probably weighs 30 kilos. Heavy enough.

Fitting it on the rear when the front is in the drink may be OK but what if you need to fit it on the front? Maybe you have to walk through the mud or whatever with your 30 kilo load.

When you have finished the winch job you have to put a muddy, dusty, dirty winch back into a clean vehicle.

You can winch your vehicle sideways from a bar mounted winch as well.

In my opinion..........too much hassle

I have a Brawn 9500kg front mounted winch and I am happy with it.

Willie

Fitzmaurice River NT
AnswerID: 28550

Reply By: Charlie - Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 18:20

Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 18:20
When I buy a winch I’m hoping to get half width Warn 6000 that they sell in the US which weights around 20kg. I got to agree about the Brawn being to heavy, 30 or more kg is just too much to lug uphill in the rain.
Regards Charlie
AnswerID: 28626

Sponsored Links