Water Tank

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 13:28
ThreadID: 6723 Views:1890 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day all,
Got back from 2 weeks in Cairns on the weekend, via QANTAS not Nissan. Popped into Outback 4WD Interiors while I was there to have a look and get some extra anchor nuts and eye blots for my draw system ($24.00) - left with a whole lot of dollars less.
Bought a 55 ltr water tank that fits on top of draw system and fits in with the angle of the cargo barrier of Nissan Patrol.
Fitted it last night (temporary) to see how it looked, fitted, etc.
Looks great, doesn't interfer with fridge slide top, doesn't take up too much room.
Base plate had to be raised by spaces about 1cm to get over 1/2 cargo barrier arm, but no big deal. Base plate will be permanently mounted and tank is held in position by ratchet straps, when needed. Hose with tap runs down under left side of draw system.
Will be testing it this long weekend (sorry it is for me HaHa), it's solid so not expecting any dramas. Just though I'd let you know that it's available for those interested, but it's not listed for sale on 4WD Interiors web site yet (so probably not at ARB yet either).
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: landie - Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 14:07

Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 14:07
Hi shawn

Engel do a generic tank very similar. I have one, but something to have a good look at is the fitting that scews into the tank with the hose attached. Mine cracked. I replaced with brass and it is much better.

Cheers
AnswerID: 28605

Reply By: Lyds - Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 23:08

Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 23:08
Shawn,

how much was the tank?Cheers,
Stuart
- To err is human, to moo bovine -
AnswerID: 28673

Follow Up By: Member - Shawn - Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 07:12

Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 07:12
$370 - I know, I know, I nearly fell over too, paying that much for a lump of plastic, but if I didn't pay it I didn't get it. I had my wife with me at the time and she didn't too upset for buying it (can't figure that one out).Keep your powder dry
FollowupID: 19943

Follow Up By: Lyds - Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 08:10

Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 08:10
When it comes to 4WDs and accessories, you almost have to forget about the $$$ or you'd never buy anything :-)

Cheers,
Stuart
- To err is human, to moo bovine -
FollowupID: 19945

Sponsored Links