Travel Advice

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 26, 2009 at 22:55
ThreadID: 67241 Views:2101 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are staying at Carnarvon Gorge over the Easter break and we are trying to work a return rout to Brisbane. There seems to be a road/track from Injune to Taroom. Is somebody could please advise us on its usual condition and weather it is suitable for camper trailers, that would be very helpful.
There seems to be a few options to camp around the Taroom area e.g. Lake Murphy Conservation park, Precipice national park and others. Does anybody who frequents these areas have any advise/favourites?? ps. we have 2 small children if that needs to be taken into account.
Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Coolman - Thursday, Mar 26, 2009 at 23:07

Thursday, Mar 26, 2009 at 23:07
Ballfyboy,

We will be up that way too. Arriving the Tuesday after easter.

I will also look at the response and see what comes back

Duane
AnswerID: 356473

Reply By: cycadcenter - Thursday, Mar 26, 2009 at 23:55

Thursday, Mar 26, 2009 at 23:55
We took the road/track from Injune to Taroom in November in our Falcon wagon with no trouble, it has had a lot of work done on it but just watch for creek washouts if it has recently rained. The signposting near the Taroom end is a bit confusing.

Isla Gorge is just up the road towards Theodore which is worth a visit and there is a short cut to the Theodore-Cracow road which comes out at Deception Creek if you are heading back to Brisbane via Mundubbera.

Bruce
Fallbrook USA and Childers Qld
AnswerID: 356483

Reply By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Friday, Mar 27, 2009 at 07:25

Friday, Mar 27, 2009 at 07:25
We stayed at both Lake Murphy and Isla Gorge a couple of years ago, and were towing a pop top caravan at the time. Both have good camping areas with toilets. Enjoyed both places very much.

Lake M is a bit off the road while Isla G only about a km.
Walks to do in both places too, although after staying at Carnarvon G you will be 'walked out'.

If the Lake has water in it you will find there are lots of birds to watch.

Regards,
Heather G
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 356514

Sponsored Links