road conditions to Innamincka

Submitted: Friday, Mar 27, 2009 at 17:29
ThreadID: 67258 Views:2310 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anybody know what the road condition is like along the adventure way to Innamincka, intend to travel that way around June then up along Cordillo Rd, Planet Arrabury Rd to Windorah. tks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: the redbacks - Friday, Mar 27, 2009 at 20:26

Friday, Mar 27, 2009 at 20:26
hi billytwo,
not sure,be interesting to see a few reply's as we are heading that way from sunshine coast first week in july,would like to know how you went when you get back home.
safe traverling

the redbacks
AnswerID: 356646

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Mar 27, 2009 at 23:40

Friday, Mar 27, 2009 at 23:40
Most roads with a 100km radius of Innamincka are either smooth after being graded or corrugated. The latter seems par for the course.

There is a lot of Petroleum and Gas mining and exploration activity as well as cattle farming in the area.
AnswerID: 356676

Reply By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Friday, Mar 27, 2009 at 23:48

Friday, Mar 27, 2009 at 23:48
Hi,

We are having quite a bit of gear road freighted from Brisbane to Innamincka at the moment and most of it is arriving damaged.

It would appear that the access on that side is quite heavily corrugated.

I was in Innamincka last week, arrived by air from Brisvegas. We left by road for Moomba.

The Dillon Hwy from Innamincka to Moomba is what I'd class as excellent gravel for that area.

Very lightly corrugated (again my opinion) and quite easy with the right tyre pressures to sit on 80km/hr until you encounter an oncoming road train.

I'll be back in the area at the end of April and could probably offer further information then.

Geoff

Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 356679

Sponsored Links