Kennedy Developmental Road - Sealed?

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 12:20
ThreadID: 67294 Views:5085 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the Kennedy Developmental Road is sealed or not from Hughenden to the back of the Atherton Table lands. I am wanting to take my motorbike that way, but need sealed roads for the tyres that are on it,

thanks in advance,

Trolute
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: slammin - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 15:20

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 15:20
No not sealed. Bitumin ends outside of Hughenden and starts outside of Mt Garnet. Conditions of course are variable according to weather and time since graded etc. Mainly gravel some dirt and some bitumin. Mind you the bitumin is probably some of the worst I have seen. LOL From memory there is a bit of sand near The Lynd Junction.

According to the type of bike of course I could do it easily with road tyres. I have ridden it @10 times over the years sometimes with rd tyres sometimes dirt tyres. xt 250, xr 600 ktm 640. I have seen CB etc style of older bikes ride it. NOT CBR LOL.

Keep in mind this is a road and not a "track".

YMMV Ride to your ability and the conditions blah blah.
AnswerID: 356870

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 15:22

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 15:22
Last time I was up that road was about 3 years ago and it was unsealed and very corrugated, and being Qld I would presume stuff all has been done to it in that time,

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 356871

Reply By: Member - Vivien C (VIC) - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 15:25

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 15:25
Here is an extract from -

Site Link

Kennedy Developmental Road - Hughenden to the Lynd Junction - (V5)

Kennedy Developmental Road The Lynd to the Etheridge Shire Council and Flinders Shire Council boundaries, is closed to all vehicles, but has local 4wd and high clearance vehicles access only. A 5 tonne gross load limit applies.

Hughenden to the Lynd Junction - can become very wet & muddy after persistent rainfall. Road can close or accessible to 4WD vehicles only

Hope that helps you

Viv
AnswerID: 356872

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 15:25

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 15:25
And another thing.....it's not the Kennedy Developmental Road, it's called The Lynd-Quartz Blow Creek Rd.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 356873

Sponsored Links