cape york trip planner

Hello everyone. I know this has been on here before and this is why I am writing. I had the very fortunate chance of finding out about Ivan's trip plan on here (thread 61305)however I cannot access it anymore. When I found it and hubby read it he announced that it was "Great, we'll do it like they did". It is so comprehensive and informative - it even got the kids excited!We're off to the Cape June15 (hubby's bday so the best present for him). My parents are coming, as are our kids (11&7) so it will be a great family adventure for 4 weeks (we live here in Qld with Cairns only 10 hours away).
I'm hoping someone can tell me how to access it or maybe the man himself will let me know. We're wanting to use this, Ron & Viv's latest book and other snippets we find to fine tune our plan ASAP.
Can't wait to go, the 80 is almost ready......and we're counting down the weeks!!!

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: KiwiAngler - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 14:33

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 14:33
Cut and paste the thread number ( 61305) into the search box at the top of the Forum page - I just did it and it found the thread immediately
AnswerID: 356863

Follow Up By: KiwiAngler - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 14:35

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 14:35
ahhhh - not quite as simple as I thought

When I tried to open Ivans trip report it goes nowhere - now I see your problem :-)))
FollowupID: 624953

Reply By: Crackles - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 15:45

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 15:45
Just sent Ivan a message. He may have shifted the report.
Stand by.........
Cheers Craig.
AnswerID: 356876

Reply By: Member - Ivan (ACT) - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 16:17

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 16:17
Sorry guys (Thanks Craig) - yes, had to shift it.

New location (permanent) is at http://www.ivanlea.net/photos/CapeYork/default.htm
Cheers,

Ivan
2008 D4D Prado

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 356878

Reply By: Member - Josh (VIC) - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 17:25

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 17:25
Hi Kelliej,
We will be up there about the same time, leaving from Cairns on about the 10th. Be up there for about 4-5 weeks. It was funny seeing your post as I just looked on here to find info on the cape and start working out where we are going and what tracks to take. Providing it gets me to the top with some fishing along the way I guess it does not matter really. Hope you guys have a great trip, we might see you up there. We are in a silver 80 series with Kids 'n' All on the back.

Josh

AnswerID: 356887

Reply By: AlbyNSW - Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 20:03

Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 20:03
Thankyou for highlighting that, we are planning on heading up for July with our 10 and 13 year old boys for the first time so are keen to gather as much info as possible also

Cheers

AnswerID: 356914

Reply By: kelliej - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 08:50

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 08:50
Thank you all so much. (and Craig for letting Ivan know) I have now saved the new address in my favourites list and will spend many quality hours re-reading and making notes.

Ivan, you have done a fantastic job (along with any helpers you had) :) A friend told me to make sure I take notes and do an itinerary as they are going next year. I just replied with " all you need to read is Ivan's report". Now I can give them the new address.

Josh, my hubby (and parents) would agree, no matter how we go, fishing along the way and even more when we get there, is part of the experience. Just wondering (and having a chuckle about)how the girls hot pink Barbie rods will go with the local fish in that area:)
We will look out for you in our travels.

Now more excited than ever after all this help guys. This is the only year we can go as next year the adventure is the Finke race (for him and his bike) but that's a whole other story.

Will post a reply after the trip.

Cheers
Kellie and family
AnswerID: 356989

Follow Up By: kelliej - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 08:53

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 08:53
forgive me at my inexperience on this - I should have wrote that last bit as a follow-up :0
FollowupID: 625069

Sponsored Links