CV Joints for Paj

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 29, 2009 at 22:39
ThreadID: 67315 Views:1430 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gday folks,, am about to sling the NA Paj a new set of CV Joints,, & was wondering if anyone could assist with any short cuts or useful tips to make the job less of a drama & to maybe save some of the skin on my knuckles,, This'll be the 1st set of CV's that i've done, so any gems are greatly apprieciated.

thanks for lookin' & thanks for your thoughts.
Cheerio
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 09:01

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 09:01
If this is the first time that you have had to replace CV's I would recommend that you watch how it is done. Take it to someone who knows how to replace them and ask if you can watch or help.

I know there are not that many places that will let you do that and I was very lucky when I started out with a 4WD vehicle that I was able to watch how things were done.

A good workshop manual would also be a good starting point and having all the right tools. Do one side at a time and plan to take a lot longer than you think that you will need.

With digital cameras it is easy to take a photo of the set up of the CV assemberly and other parts that will have to be taken off and replaced when you are ready for the final assemberly.

Good luck and I don't believe that there are any short cuts when doing this type of job.

Wayne
AnswerID: 356992

Reply By: MrBitchi (QLD) - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:05

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:05
Haven't done one personally but have a look on the Pajero Club or Outerlimits Mitsubishi forum. Lots of helpful and very knowledgeable guys there..
AnswerID: 357007

Sponsored Links