Camper Trailer Hire

Submitted: Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:46
ThreadID: 67327 Views:2559 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi am looking at hiring and perhaps purchasing a Camper Trailer from Johhnos Camper trailers in Maryborough QLD.

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company?

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Saharaman (aka Geepeem) - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:00

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:00
HI Hardlyboy,

I cannot help with personal experience but if you are considering buying one there is a near new (April 08) one being auctioned at Pickles at Geebung near Brisbane on Wed April 1. I was just scanning the auctions sites last night (as you do) and I recalled seeing this one when I read your post.
This is it:

Image Could Not Be Found

It is Stock 7103712

Just in case you are interested - I have no association with Pickles

Cheers
GPM
AnswerID: 357019

Follow Up By: hardlybay - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 21:16

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 21:16
Thanks,

Looks like a good one and probably a bargain too! However am definately hiring first to make sure its suitable for the family.
FollowupID: 625206

Reply By: AussieScotts - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 13:13

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 13:13
Hi,

We've hired a Johnnos Campers twice - last Easter and about 2 months ago - and they are really really good. We are also heading off on a big trip next week, and have rented one again.

We have always hired the Off-Road Grand, though friends hired the Off-Road Premier last time we went away. Both are a good option, but the Premier has a couple of nice touches, like the pull out drawer that you can access from inside the tent.

I cannot reccomend them highly enough. They are awesome quality, and very comfortable. My thoughts are that they have always seemed very ex bleep ve to buy, and very affordable to rent, so the choice for me has always been easy!

The trailer can hold the majority of your camping gear, freeing up the space in the back of the car. The bed is comfortable. The tent has enough room for 2 kids camp beds in it. The kitchen unit has always worked well. The units I have rented in the past have only been a year or two old, so practically band new.

Go for it - we've never regretted it, and would find it very hard to go back to our old tent!
AnswerID: 357032

Follow Up By: hardlybay - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 21:18

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 21:18
Excellent info!
I am off to see the local dealer on Wednesday to have a look. Havent yet looked into the purchase price...not sure I want to now! Hire price was about $1300 for 30 days, which seems very comparable to others I have checked out in QLD.
FollowupID: 625208

Reply By: Sigmund - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 16:17

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 16:17
I use a Johnno's light off-road Premier and it works well for my needs. Tows well, loads of space for storage and living.

It had 2 years of solid use before I got it 2nd hand and there are only a couple of minor faults.
AnswerID: 357058

Follow Up By: hardlybay - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 21:20

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 21:20
I am assuming your campers two year use before you purchased was as a hire trailer?
I was wondering how these second hand ones would go as Johhnos seem to have heaps of them for sale. I am a bit wary of purchasing a second hand hire trailer thats been pretty well flogged!
FollowupID: 625210

Follow Up By: Sigmund - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 21:50

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 21:50
Yes that's right.

I crawled over it with a checklist mostly drawn from the Yahoo group website attached to campertrailer.org

It was amazingly clean and sound ... perhaps better than a private unit as the hirer obviously had to keep it so to keep customers coming back.

FWIW I got the impression talking to several Johnno's outlets in Vic that they like to turn over their hire fleet regularly.
FollowupID: 625222

Sponsored Links