The "eTrex" hand held has arrived.........took it's time getting here.

Submitted: Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 16:22
ThreadID: 67336 Views:2481 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Good afternoon All.

Just calling in to say i have just received the hand held Etrex, from the Garmin eTrex Promotion last year,i sent the form's in on the 20/01/09, and had 4 days to get it their,sent it in an overnight bag so it would be their in the next day or two, did a mail check to see when they received it,which was on the morning of the 22/01/09, then received a letter from the promoters on 5th/02/09 saying,

"Unfortunately", on this occasion we are unable to process your submission for the following reason(s).

1. No proof of Purchases Supplied.
2. eBay purchases Cannot be Accepted.

Well i contacted the mob who were running this promotion, and after getting through to them, and i told them, i know they received the letter on the 22/01/09, (thread id 65278) and they should send the hand held to me,as it got their one day before it ended, they said they would get back to me, which they didn't, so on the phone to Adell up at ExplorOz, and things started to happen, with her help,so waited and it has arrived today......Now i need to try and work it out how to use them.

Image Could Not Be Found

Cheers for now....William H...Bunbury...WA.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 16:56

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 16:56
Glad to see you are happy.... (: (:
Love the "truck"..... Why 2 pre-filters ? Whats under the bonnet?
regards,

Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 357067

Follow Up By: Member - William H (WA) - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 17:38

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 17:38
Afternoon Fred.

This 84 Hj47 has the 12HT motor,with a 5 speed box,it had one Donaldson air filter on it, and was slow...when the other one was connected,it ran a lot better fuel wise,and i had the injectors done last month and she runs very well, i will fix up my profile when i have time, it also has pwr steering, and front disc's, air con and air tank, duel batteries, twin fuel tanks, and one big stereo, and sub woofer, Engel fridge, and a lot of other things to go in it soon.

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Cheers for now...William H...Bunbury..WA
FollowupID: 625154

Follow Up By: Wayne's 60 - Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 01:22

Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 01:22
Hi William,

After recent discussions about air tanks and compressors, I notice an air tank on the front of the cruiser, what type of compressor are you running?

Cheers,
Wayne.
FollowupID: 625261

Follow Up By: Member - William H (WA) - Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 07:10

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 07:10
Will show you in a few days time Wayne,....as i will pull it out, and pick it, then send it to you.

Cheers for now...William H...Bunbury...WA.
FollowupID: 625497

Reply By: Best Off Road - Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 07:33

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 07:33
William,

I have found these "bonus by redemption" sales promotions to be somewhat iffy.

We bought a laptop, with a $150 cashback from the manufacturer. They put every possible obstacle in the way. It was not an easy process to meet all of their "requirements". After much argy bargy we got the cheque, about 3 months later.

I believe they work on the theory that most will give up in frustration.

Cheers,

Jim.

AnswerID: 357363

Follow Up By: Member - William H (WA) - Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 07:43

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 07:43
Jim you are 100% right their.....i found out after i bought a large Sony HD tv from a store, put in for the $200:00 cash back....and low and behold the "sales person" had collected it,well i didn't give up on getting the $200:00 back, i also got a bonus with it..."his job as well", as he had been doing it for some time with other customers, and when his boss looked into it,...He was sacked,.........can't stand thieves in any form.

Cheers for now......William. H...Bunbury...WA.
FollowupID: 625503

Sponsored Links