Stainless Steel Engel

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 18:14
ThreadID: 6735 Views:3325 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all, I have a friend who is looking at purchasing a 80litre Stainless Steel Engel for his boat. Has anyone had any experience with these. The drawback that I can see is the silicon seal that is used inside (can be hard to clean and get the fish smell out) and the additional weight. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark

PS. Also to all the computer experts or anyone more computer literate than myself, how do you create the hyperlinks?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bob - Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 18:55

Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 18:55
Hi Mark,

Ive had my ss80 for nearly a year and use it regularly on fishing trips. Cleaning is a breeze and doesnt require much more than a simple wipe over. Have not had a problem with the silicon seal. Biggest draw back with the ss80 is the extra weight (about 42 kgs from memory) but for me it was not a prob. Temperature control is very easy with the digital control. Had it running easy holding at -18 degrees in 40 + degree heat in the Pilbara last summer.
AnswerID: 28629

Follow Up By: Mark from Getaway Portable Refrigerator Hire - Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 19:01

Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 19:01
Thanks Bob, I appreciate the feedback as there does not seem to be many of these around..... Regards Mark
FollowupID: 19905

Reply By: tessa_51 - Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 19:32

Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 19:32
Hi Mark
re hyperlinks. I presume you just want to include the address for an existing website in a document.
First way - just type the address in your document as it appears on the internet. Second way(for long or complicated addresses)-
open the site and place your cursor in the address in the box at the top of the screen (at the moment http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Answer.asp?ForumQID=6735&Page=%2FForum%2FDefault%2Easp%3FDisplaySet%3DActive%26PN%3D10);
left click on the address and it should go green;
release the mouse button and move your cursor to the edit menu above and left click on it;
this will open a drop down menu, left click on "copy";
this will copy the address to your clipboard;
Then open the document you want to put the address in;
move your cursor to the place you want to put the hyperlink;
open the edit menu again by left click and then left click on "paste" This will place the address in your document.

Whichever method you use, the computer will recognise it as a hyperlink and will ususally show it in blue.

Tessa
AnswerID: 28634

Follow Up By: Madman - Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 17:08

Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 17:08
when you post a followup it tells you down the bottom
FollowupID: 20000

Reply By: kezza - Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 22:59

Thursday, Aug 21, 2003 at 22:59
Mark

I have an SS40 and its brilliant, weight is an issue but never misses a beat cools tinnies down in an hour when running at -18 and easier to keep clean than anything else Ive had. Digital temp control takes all the guesswork out of setting the temp.

Kezza

AnswerID: 28670

Reply By: Member - Nigel (QLD) - Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 20:24

Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 20:24
I would have thought the fibreglass fridges would be the go for boating...

Having a bad back I went for the EvaKool as the 70 litre model is under 20kg (until the wife fills it)

2 years on and it's still going like new (except the fuse holder, but EvaKool told me that may be a problem once they knew about it).
AnswerID: 28779

Sponsored Links