t rated 3 way fridge

Does anyone know the names of manufacturers who supply tropical rated 3 way fridges, need to replace the 90 litre in my pop top and want to buy a fridge I can depend on. Don't have the room for a bank of batteries.

Thanks in advance,
Larry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 21:34

Monday, Mar 30, 2009 at 21:34
Dometic for one and if you google the other manufacturers Im sure you will find out.

AnswerID: 357127

Reply By: Robert HL (SEQ)(aka zuksctr) - Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 07:46

Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 07:46
Solo20,if it were me to replace the three way i would be going down the Waeco,Engle path & so on as they are more battery friendly.Do more research & you should find what you need.
Bob.
AnswerID: 357193

Reply By: ozjohn0 - Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 13:07

Tuesday, Mar 31, 2009 at 13:07
Dometic as already stated and Norcross sold as Thetford in Australia.
Both offer 'T' Rated 3 way fridges.
Some of the late 90ltr Dometic still in the market place may not have a rating sticker attached. These fridges don't don't quite make the 'T' Rating, but close enough.
If installed to Dometic's specifications they'll work a treat.
Main thing is the installation. Top vent above the Fins. No gaps on top or around the sides (Pink Batts work well). Maximum gap at back of fridge 20 - 25mm. (Too big a gap and the air flow is reduced). A deflector from the top of the fridge to the top of the top vent also assists, as does a small fan to blow (or suck) air up the back of the fridge in really hot humid weather.
Dometic and Fridgemate make a 12V fans for this purpose with a thermostat that allows the fan to kick in when the wall cavity Temp reaches 40c and cuts out again at around 30c. Cost about $100.
Many people us 12V computer fans, but I found them a little noisy.
ozjohn.
AnswerID: 357248

Sponsored Links