FOXY CAMPER TRAILER

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 06:05
ThreadID: 67390 Views:4565 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone any experience with this brand of camper trailer price seems too good to be true for "spec"

Is polyester/cotton the normal material for the tent ?

http://www.foxypocketbike.com.au/products.php?cat=23

Thanks

Ron
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member No 1- Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 06:54

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 06:54
I bought a 2nd hand and it was still a lot dearer than that....but it aint one of those

Canvas is what they should be using...polyester/cotton...isnt that what they make T shirts out of

what does "Hot dipped galvanized Surface treatment" mean?
is it cold galv, hot dipped or just silver paint?...cant be all three

I'd steer clear if I were you....imho, price is way too cheap for an expected well made unit...
AnswerID: 357357

Reply By: Best Off Road - Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 07:13

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 07:13
I'm not familiar with that actual company.

I did however do a job for a bloke about 18 months ago. He got a cheap poly/cotton camper top from an on line auction. He then sourced a trailer that looks very similar to the one in the ad.

He had no idea how to put it all together so got us to do it.

The trailers are imported from China by a number of companies. They come in kit form and get bolted together. The fit and finish is a bit iffy but they are a very robust trailer if put together properly. They require some silicone here and there and some holes redrilled to make everything go where it shoud.

I can't comment on the top in the ad, but would guess it is imported from China and is probably at the lower end of the quality scale. Like any tent top it would need to be weathered to stop any leaks. If after that it still leaked you could throw a $40 tarp over the top in bad weather.

As it happens I was talking to the bloke that we did the job for the other day. He's very happy with his unit, especially at the price.

Overall, at $4500, it represents pretty good value, just don't expect it to be as good as a $10,000 job.

Cheers,

Jim.

AnswerID: 357360

Reply By: Miranda Ron - Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 08:31

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 08:31
Thanks for the info.

Is 15OZ RIPSTOP CANVAS better than polyester / cotton because there is another trailer for sale by GIC and they have an Aussie built trailer for a similar price to the FOXY

I agree with the wording of the galvanising iis a bit suss !!!!

Thanks for your responses

Ron
AnswerID: 357373

Follow Up By: Miranda Ron - Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 12:59

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 12:59
I have seen this unit now and yes the trailer is bolted together with lots of gaps and the tent quality leaves a lot to be desired my advice to members is to make sure they check it out before buying and definitely dont buy unseen!!!!!!!

FollowupID: 625550

Reply By: Member - Malcolm (Townsville) - Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 15:55

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 15:55
All looks a bit suss to me.
Web site written in 'chinglish' and childish highlighting of text.
"Two jerry bottle holders" whatever they are. I know. I know :-)
FOUR different prices. (Lowest price at bottom of page - $3999.00).

Malcolm

living the 'good life'

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 357453

Sponsored Links