Plenty Highway

I am planning a trip across from Alice Springs to Boulia then to Birdsville.
My planned departure date is the 26th August 2009. I will be solo from Alice Springs due to a prior activity my wife is attending.
Is there anyone who would be prepared to allow me to tag along the Plenty Highway with from the above date?
I will be towing an off road caravan.
Look forward to any likely travelers over that track.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wigger - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:21

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:21
Walda,
If you want to tag along because you'd like to have some company then that is a very different matter from feeling the need to have a "support" vehicle close by. This is an easy road ( I would attempt it with a 2 WD) but can be a little bit rough and more corrugated on the Q'land side. Fuel is available at Gemtree and Jervois generally but no longer at Tobermory. Do a search of "Plenty Highway" and you will find lots of info on the trip. Presume you know how to protect both your caravan and vehicle back window from flying rocks
AnswerID: 357724

Follow Up By: Walda - Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:38

Thursday, Apr 02, 2009 at 20:38
Wigger
I hope I do not need support but the company would be great especially traveling where I have not been before. I enjoy meeting fellow travellers.
My caravan and truck have done a lot of rough stuff, e.g., Bungle Bungle, Gibb River Road, Victorian and NSW high country, etc.
My earlier days were spent traveling gravel roads, with rocks, just to get to town.
FollowupID: 625836

Reply By: troopy 2005 - Sunday, Apr 05, 2009 at 11:24

Sunday, Apr 05, 2009 at 11:24
Dont worry about this road.One of the most scenic and interesting in australia .great road to NT boarder ,check levels of georgina river before leaving,can be a bit rough from border to boulia ,boulia great town,boulia to birdsville easy,with a great pub at bedourie.
AnswerID: 358165

Sponsored Links