Some 4wd owners Do deserve criticism..

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 19:42
ThreadID: 67423 Views:2678 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
There is a difference from a raging torrent to slow moving water,

but it seems in some of these flooded areas theres always the few in a 4wd that think they can drive through any crossing, until they suddenley find out they have a 4wd boat!!. Just observation over a few news reports in recent times.

Cheers Axle.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 20:23

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 20:23
Saw such an instence on the tv tonight from Coffs Harbour.

But, to bring balance ... there were also a couple of sorry looking sedans in the same story.

I guess there are d*** heads everywhere. Sadly, some poor SES volunteer has to take risks to get them to safety.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 357533

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 20:56

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 20:56
Yeh, and did you see the Bow Wave in front of some vehicles driving down the street in front of the shops, here's the shop owners ect, trying to keep the water out, and they have Waves comming in from the vehicles.
FollowupID: 625629

Reply By: Wherehegon - Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 20:51

Wednesday, Apr 01, 2009 at 20:51
Yeah got to aggree with you Axle, the bloke sitting on top of hit patrol obviously tried crossing the bridge and got pushed off sideways. It didnt look that deep but obviously a good strong flow was enough maybe in experianced thought with the weight of his patrol he would be ok. Dont think he will do it again. Got to feel sorry for all the poor buggars,300ml of rain with in the day. My wifes unlce lives up there and is lucky hes on a good sloped block ........WHG
AnswerID: 357542

Sponsored Links