Yamaha EF2500 oil change

Submitted: Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 01:56
ThreadID: 6745 Views:6104 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have instructions to changing the oil in a Yamaha EF2500 generator? It's hurricane season, and I gotta get ready. Thanks for any help.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tony - Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 08:14

Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 08:14
The oil changing should be the same for all small engines, my experience is on farm, thay have a drain plug usually square in shape low down under motor. (this is best done with gennie up off the ground so as to get a container under drain hole) also before you start check to see how much oil is in the sump, so you have a bit of an idea how much to put back in.
You may need to tilt gennie on its side to drain out old oil (best down if warmed up)

You fill the sump back up through the same hole till it shows up on the dip stick if it has one or till you can see it.

The oil type will be much the same for all four stroke motors.

Hope this helps a bit, your talking of Hurricane season, where are you?
AnswerID: 28701

Reply By: haze - Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 14:10

Friday, Aug 22, 2003 at 14:10
Some of those little motors are a pain in the bum, particularly when mounted in a frame or bolted down somewhere and you either cant get at the drain or cant drain it into anything anyway. I bought a little rubber impellor pump which you drive with a cordless drill. A thin plastic suction pipe goes down the hole where you check the oil level and the pump ouput into a tin or whatever. Just so easy! Bought the pump at hardware shop. I use 20-50 oil in small motors, never had any probs.
Hope you got the celler stocked!
cheers haze

AnswerID: 28736

Sponsored Links