Warren Beach Dunes Feedback

Agree that the warren river mouth is dangerous, have had to recover loads of 4Wd's that have not made it, the danger is only at certain times of the year, check with DEC or the local cops before you go as they will know the conditions, there are two beaches Yeagerup (Access from Ritter Road) and Warren Beach (acess from Warren Beach Rd) both are easy with correct tyre pressures, when leaving Warren Beach you may have to lower pressures to around 10 psi or lower.
Great beaches with good fishing, there is also a new camp site on the Yeagerup beach access road with good facilities (DEC has the key and takes bookings for large groups- no charge)
No real dramas getting to the beach, all in the tyre pressures
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil B (WA) - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 16:49

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 16:49
Hi

A group of us were there March long weekend 2009. the crossing of the Warren was only ankle deep - nothing ti worry about.

Phil
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 357887

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 23:43

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 23:43
We were there at the same time and vehicles where getting stuck in the quick sand on the beach and also one of our group (who will remian nameless), got stuck in the river. Moved 4m towards the mouth and 9 vehicles went across without incident. We also camped at the new DEC campsite. Very nice indeed.

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 626053

Sponsored Links