Easter police blitz

Submitted: Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 17:46
ThreadID: 67493 Views:2229 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Ran through from Townsville to Mackay in the middle of the night, 2 flash cars and 2 random breath tests + licences.

Spoke to Copper at the pads south of Proserpine and he said they were running a big Easter road toll campaign.

What I was impressed, was their manner. both times they stopped me they were very,very courteous

Have a safe one.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DIO - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 18:22

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 18:22
I guess it's the same when dealing with anyone, Police, Plumber, Mechanic etc. If you are civil and courteous to them you will generally find the same is returned to you. As for the Easter blitz, that's what we expect at such times when there's heaps of traffic using the roads. We want to keep the idiots and drunks at home or in the lock-up.
AnswerID: 357908

Reply By: Bushwhacker - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 19:38

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 19:38
Son in law is a Highway patrol officer (NSW)... he doesnt talk 'shop' much, guess he doesn't want me to hear what he has to see..... Yes, I suppose they will be doing the blitz over Easter as usual, he doesn't get time off during public holiday periods. And yes, he is a polite person too, married with 3 children, just a bloke doing a hard job. Drive safely, take care, Dave
AnswerID: 357921

Follow Up By: Wayne's 60 - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 20:05

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 20:05
BW,

At a guess, I think he would prefer doing that than having to do the "Knock, knock ........... I'm sorry to tell you ................" job.

Ditto, drive safe .............. always.

Cheers,
Wayne.

FollowupID: 626021

Reply By: Bushwhacker - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 20:09

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 20:09
For sure Wayne, don't think anyone would want that job, Dave
AnswerID: 357926

Reply By: Member - andrew B (Kununurra - - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 23:07

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 23:07
One of the bosses at work who is an aquatance of a few of the locals told us the other day that all of them have had their annual leave cancelled for the time being due to the number of fatalities in the area - 11 this year I am lead to believe, so there will be more out there, and I don't think they will be in the best of frames of mind...undersandably so - who likes their leave cancelled, and I have never been more concerned about my life than on the peak downs highway...

Take it easy - but don't go too slow and cause congestion please..

Cheers Andrew

(formally of KNX, Now in Mackay)
AnswerID: 357951

Follow Up By: Rockape - Saturday, Apr 04, 2009 at 08:30

Saturday, Apr 04, 2009 at 08:30
Yes Andrew, the Peak downs highway is a shocker for deaths and accidents, or should I say, some who drive on that road are the shockers + the fatigue factor.

The amount of crosses and signs, placed by the kids from Moranbah along the highway is awesome, you virtually can't go more than one klm without seeing another accident site.

When I used to drive the highways and byways of Australia, I had alot of interaction with thepolice forces, due to just being pulled up for checks and the odd infringement. The coppers the other night were really good, smiling and joking in the wee hours of the morning.

If most of them do this. they get my vote.

Have a safe Easter all.

FollowupID: 626064

Reply By: Best Off Road - Saturday, Apr 04, 2009 at 12:21

Saturday, Apr 04, 2009 at 12:21
I've always found the wallopers doing breath tests to be courteous. I doubt that they would come across too many objectionable people.

I'm always happy to be breath tested, my only beef is that it doesn't happen often enough.

Jim.

AnswerID: 357994

Sponsored Links