The CSR and north end problems

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 23, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 675 Views:1583 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are planning to do the CSR in June and are aware of the potential problems in the Northern sector. Looking at "bail out" options does anybody know if the Callowa track to the west is drivable?

We have 9 vehicles, are all experienced with good comms and nav., so have no worries about bush bashing for long distances.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Andy - Friday, Jan 25, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Jan 25, 2002 at 01:00
Clay,I have travelled the CSR and am interested in your comment of "problems in the North sector". Can you enlarge on this. I would be happy to help you plan your trip if I can. Ronele and Eric Gards book (a must have) says this track is"overgrown and not in use" Sounds like a "wet paint" sign to me!
AnswerID: 1836

Follow Up By: Clay Golledge - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2002 at 01:00
Thanks Andy,
Am anticipating that the Northern sector past well 33 may be flooded again in the light of the current situation and with the wet still to come.
Obviously the Kidson and Tallawana tracks may be options but we were wondering about something more adventurous if we needed to head west.

One of our group, Rob Robson from Robson Bros 4WD, has been in touch with Ronnie Gard and apparently a CSR web site is under development and about to kick off shortly. They are going to let us know when the site is up and running.

Regards

Clay
FollowupID: 633

Sponsored Links