Pod Trailer upgrade ...

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 05, 2009 at 21:08
ThreadID: 67567 Views:8120 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just thought I would share the Mandrake Upgrade for a standard
Pod Trailer Camper ...

Because I had to buy a new Jeep - SWMBO - Nada .. said I couldnt have certain electronic / electric devices in the back of "OUR" new car ... SO .. the trailer had to be modified slightly ..
Pods are not big so I needed somewhere to carry chairs and table , solar panels and controller etc etc ... Image Could Not Be Found

The 85ah battery is in the Jerrycan holder ( EO sticker on it ) ... connected to a removable ( I Love Velcro !! ) solar controller box 10 amp controller with Amps out and Amps in - Merit and Cig plug out - 2 Cig plugs in for Solar panels ... The panels can be tilted in the frame and have Aluminium support legs to hold them up when in camp ( On the road it sits as you see it .)

Not bad for an amateur ...

Cheers

Mandrake
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Chop - Sunday, Apr 05, 2009 at 21:51

Sunday, Apr 05, 2009 at 21:51
That looks great Mandrake.
I'm looking into getting a pod, because i have a suzuki sierra and these look like a good smaller trailer.
How have you found it so far?
I just want it to carry a little bit of camping gear and fuel for a couple of trips i want to do.

Chop
AnswerID: 358250

Follow Up By: Mandrake - Monday, Apr 06, 2009 at 09:01

Monday, Apr 06, 2009 at 09:01
We used it a couple of times before the camper unit went in -
Its really good . The seal around the lid actually works and keeps
most road dust and rain out. As a normal POD the lid opens at the back when converted to camper it is hinged at the RHS so the tent comes out the side leaving the tailgate free to open. Original setup had 2 jerrycan holders on the drawbar with Tyre under the rear - didnt like the idea of grovelling for a spare so had it moved to the drawbar and had the side jerrycan holders put in - Now the problem is finding a 20 litre Jerry that fits !!

But easy to tow , can see over it easily and you wouldnt even know its there at 300Kgs packed ..

All good

Rgds

Mandrake
FollowupID: 626417

Sponsored Links