Mungeranie thermal pool,is it still operational

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 21:05
ThreadID: 67662 Views:2055 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Could some one tell me if the pool is still in operation{ e.g the tap on the house from the bore if it has been taken of}.I just heard a rumour that the new owner did'nt like the idea off havin a hot water spring for the visitor's to play around in.cheer's GREENDOG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graeme W (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 21:21

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 21:21
Greendog,

When I was there in 2007, it was operational. I believe that Phil is still the owner, so nothing should have changed since then.

Phil was a good bloke and if he and his partner are still in charge, I can't beleive that they would turn off the thermal pool unless there was a good reason.

Maybe it would be best to ring and check.

Graeme
Lake Eyre 2011

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 358682

Reply By: Michael A (VIC) - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 21:35

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 21:35
I was there on Friday and Sunday for lunch, no problems with the hot pool. In fact Phil and Pam mentioned some of their friends had been in just before we arrived.

Michael A
AnswerID: 358687

Reply By: Rossc0 - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 22:43

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2009 at 22:43
Last year the manager of Mungeranie station where the bore is turned the water supply to the pool and pub down to the barest of trickles.

When we where there in August the pool had water in it be not warm like it should have been.

At the time Phil and Pam said that Dept of Conservation were due in a couple of days to discuss the situation as with not enough water flowing from the bore it also affected the wetlands and therefore the wildlife.

This is probably where you heard that it was not working from as reply above states it's now hot like it's supposed to be.

May be worth your while calling.

Still a great place to visit anyway, leaves Birdsville pub for dead.

Cheers
Ross
AnswerID: 358711

Reply By: Member - Kiwi Kia - Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 07:32

Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 07:32
Hi Greendog, Have a look at post # 67667 this morning has a good aerial photo of Mungeranni and there aint much water in the lagoon. Can't see the hot tub though.

AnswerID: 358738

Sponsored Links