Shepparton Victoria

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 12:49
ThreadID: 67678 Views:2395 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

We have just about come to the end of our 3mth working stint in Shepparton VIC (we ran out of $$$$). We are off to Tassie shortly and are looking forward to a new adventure. Just wanted to say that we have spent the last 3mths in the best caravan park we have stayed at (and we have stayed at quite a few!!!)

BIG 4 Shepparton EAST (Orrvale Road) - we have felt so welcome here, the managers and owners are so friendly - they have a Massive jumping pillow, great playground, solar heated swimming pool and giant chess - all great incentives for our girls to get the home schooling done in the early hours of the morning!!!! The amenities are always spotless and they are also building a new camp kitchen.

Kaye & Kym (the owners) are both well travelled and know exactly what people want/need in a caravan park. We are going to be sad to leave!!!

Just wanted to give them a plug - they so deserve it.

Cheers
Matt, Caroline and the girls
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 13:00

Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 13:00
I reckon your going to freeze in Tassie at this time of year ;)

I hear it has been snowing down there already.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 358782

Follow Up By: Member - Matt & Caz H (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 13:21

Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 13:21
Hey Kev,

Yes it ihas been snowing........................ we felt the icy winds here Mon and Tues - today is a lot calmer. I believe it also snowed at Mt Baw Baw Monday as well. I grew up in the snow (UK), I keep trying to tell Matt and the girls is just cold and wet!!!!!

It will be a great experience and I can't wait to see Tassie!!

We have brought a lot of winter woolies.

Cheers
Caroline
FollowupID: 626811

Follow Up By: Tony - Thursday, Apr 09, 2009 at 06:59

Thursday, Apr 09, 2009 at 06:59
We were in Tassie for a month, mid Feb to mid March. Great trip but a month is not long enough. We will go back again next year, but wont get a return ticket till were ready to come home.

Make sure you go to Bruny Is. Good bush camps down south.
FollowupID: 626895

Follow Up By: Member - Matt & Caz H (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 09, 2009 at 08:03

Thursday, Apr 09, 2009 at 08:03
Hi Tony,

We have heard two different stories 1. Tassie is small 6 weeks is enough, 2. you will need a few months there!!!

So like you - we have not purchased a return ticket!!! even if we need to work over there.

Will check out Bruny Is.

We are so excited I feel like kid at Christmas :-)

Cheers
Caroline
FollowupID: 626908

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 16:36

Wednesday, Apr 08, 2009 at 16:36
Did you visit the Furphy foundry to see them casting camp ovens?

PeterD
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 358824

Follow Up By: Member - Matt & Caz H (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 09, 2009 at 08:04

Thursday, Apr 09, 2009 at 08:04
Hi Peter,

No we haven't checked out the foundry we are here for at least another week so will put it on the list. Thanks

Caroline
FollowupID: 626910

Reply By: cito - Thursday, Apr 09, 2009 at 08:43

Thursday, Apr 09, 2009 at 08:43
Matt & Caz,

I came to Tassie for a break 30 years ago, didn't leave and still have not seen it all although I am getting close.
If you are able to take your time and speak to the locals, either on the forum or in the towns, for the better ways between locations you will love it.
The weather at this time of the year is the most settled although cooling off like Victoria and won't really get cool until after Anzac Day. As much as I prefer the cooler weather (coming from WA) we leave for our big lap in 4 months with plans to miss the next 2 winters.

Enjoy

Lynds
AnswerID: 358914

Follow Up By: Member - Matt & Caz H (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 09, 2009 at 08:49

Thursday, Apr 09, 2009 at 08:49
Hi Lynds,

We board the spirit on the 3rd May!!! we are originally from Sunny QLD so it will be cool for us (we have stocked up on winter woolies and I bet I put on 35 kilos with eating to keep warm!!!).

This morning at Shepp it was 6 degrees. Matt and the girls have never really experienced the cold.

Happy, safe travels - 4mths will pass by quick and you will be off.

Cheers
Caroline
FollowupID: 626917

Sponsored Links